PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

vancchris is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vancchris Send a message via Yahoo to vancchris
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Is anyone able to get a facebook app to sync with this release? On the latest civic package, it was working and was an option.. any ideas?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvasale View Post
Still working on the contacts, but my computer doesn't recognize my phone through active sync while my phone is under Android. Anyone know the cause or a fix to this?
This is a known problem USB can only be used for charging (sort of -- see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
does anyone know if charging while in android works with this version?
Charging sort of works. The problem is the phone thinks the battery is full, so it immediately stops charging.
For now I would do all charging in WinMo, with the phone off, or via a spare battery charger

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

wwjclemd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvasale View Post
Still working on the contacts, but my computer doesn't recognize my phone through active sync while my phone is under Android. Anyone know the cause or a fix to this?
Syny your phone with your computer while in windows mobile... then open your gmail account on the computer... click on contacts(left side of the screen)... Click on import(right side of the screen) then browse for the .csv file that outlook uses for your contacts... the .csv file should be in c://Users/"whoever"/contacts... This should store all your contacts into your gmail account

The next time you boot android, sync your phone with gmail and voila!!! you should have all your contacts.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I will try to help

Last edited by wwjclemd; 03-08-2010 at 06:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
You mean, Sound right..??

GPS is working for the lot of us...
That's not GPS.

It's a combination of aGPS programming, cell tower triangulation, and Google's wickedly evil wifi mapping database.

You ever see those Google cars driving around taking pictures for their 'street view' functionality in Google Maps?... Well those cars are also mapping all of the wifi signals they come across. That way, when Android picks up a wifi signal, it pings Google's wifi database to see where you are!!

Google scares the hell out of me sometimes
Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

this should be stickyed !!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
That's not GPS.

It's a combination of aGPS programming, cell tower triangulation, and Google's wickedly evil wifi mapping database.

You ever see those Google cars driving around taking pictures for their 'street view' functionality in Google Maps?... Well those cars are also mapping all of the wifi signals they come across. That way, when Android picks up a wifi signal, it pings Google's wifi database to see where you are!!

Google scares the hell out of me sometimes
With these superman powers, why even have GPS?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Nice friggin place. A little pricey, but probably the best in Boynton that I saw for the money. I miss Florida!
Yeah dude it is pretty nice... We have a gate now too, they just put it up so we're officially a gated community now, makes me feel safe though i've already had one car stolen from here... But that we before I had an alarm and a garage lol, so I'm doing good so far this time around... And you're not lying about the price, there's places not even as nice for like almost 2x the money... I guess since the multi-million dollar mansions are only 2 miles away they try to shimmy that in there with the sales scheme when it comes time to get a place around here lol...

Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekotubbs View Post
Go to settings, turn on wireless even if you don't have wifi, then toggle the location settings for the first two options. That's what got it for me. Toggle them off then on.
+1 for this working
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
this should be stickyed !!!!
It will be soon, as was done with the last two Android threads

In the mean time, you can sticky it yourself by going to the top of this page, then right under the page numbers click 'Thread Tools' then select 'Stick the thread to the top'
Old 03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey errrrbody', go vote for getting our own sub forum for Android in the TP2 section:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113415

If anyone has an idea on how to get this done, PM ME! If you know a moderator, send them a message too!! This is becoming cluttered!

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-08-2010 at 07:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2