PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsd3782 View Post
After about a minute of running Android, my phone restarts. It's done this twice in a row - and I can't figure out what the issue is. Everything else is working as it should.

Can someone help?
(I have the VZW TP2)
Seriously what class is your sdcard.? Class of sdcard does matter.?

HOw do you have things setup on the sdcard.? IN folder out folder..?

You kindof have to state alittle of how you do things w/ a prolbem.

People are doing things different because the info coming across.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelagraham View Post
There are some instructions that show how to remove the sim here:

http://www.myvusers.com/forums/htc-t...ouch-pro2.html

Don't feel like an idiot; I didn't even know that I had a sim or what it was used for until I started messing with Android.
------

thank you....all this time I didn't see that notch up top..I again it is a simple procedure when you know what to do...
Old 03-11-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
So... I see everyone suggesting to take out the sim card but what if you want to run in GSM mode? Should I use the GSM version of Android or are the drivers different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
You have a tmobile/at&t sim with their service on a sprint/vzw tp2.
I have the vzw tp2 with tmobile service now... There are a few people that have this also.
The rootfs.img that MrPippy posted in Post#1 is for CDMA only. If you are wanting to use your SIM and use it on GSM, you can just use the standard rootfs.img posted here:

http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/

The changes for the RIL currently aren't merged into that branch. We are running the same rootfs.img with a different library just for CDMA. So honestly you don't even need to worry about this thread. GSM as far as I know has had Voice and Data for awhile now. And the rootfs.img is currently the only thing different us CDMA'ers are using that is different than GSM.

And it is probably confusing, if you are using a CDMA phone but on a GSM network. But regardless if you are running GSM you don't need the stuff we are dealing with in this thread.

Hope that clears some things up.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

yawnn... Mornin' Android followers
Old 03-11-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

FYI - According to Gizmodo Opera Mini 5 is now available for Android;

http://www.opera.com/mini/next

Can't have my phone at work so I have not been able to check it out yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

bertimus2002 is just getting started

It seems that a lot of updates have been happening the past few days. I would LOVE to use this OS as my day to day OS since I am on SERO. Does everyone think it will be a way off before the ringtone/other items become supported and functioning?

Also, anyone that has any tips to get my Exchange Account calendar to sync, that'd be great.

TIA

Sprint Touch Pro2
MightyRom Full Force
Stock Sprint Radio (2.32.00WF
)
Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey I have been following this Android project for a minute, but have stopped after the latest release being that it was coming along so fast and I was going to wait until all the fixes were ironed out. So has there been any progress as far as the sound? That was my biggest gripe about using it....other than the battery life, but that is all droids. I cant stand the battery life on Android devices.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertimus2002 View Post
Also, anyone that has any tips to get my Exchange Account calendar to sync, that'd be great.

TIA
I personally would like this as well, the only thing I have really found that is good so far is an app in the marketplace called "Touchdown" http://www.nitrodesk.com/index.aspx It does full activesync with Exchange. But doesn't integrate with the phone's calendar or contact app. So you have to use it's widget is what I have found to work best on a screen to look up contacts. But it has it's calendar as well. If someone comes up with a Free app let me know. I don't mind paying the $20 this one costs, but would rather have it integrate with the regular contacts/calendar so that when I am in my dialer I can look up contacts. But it has a 30 day trial, so just checking it out fully and will start reading up on its capabilities. It might just be a setting.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto q
Carrier: sprint

Kenaf is a n00b

Super excited about this project as well.. once Android is fully functional I will probably use it as my primary OS on my TP2. Just need some ringtones (and letting me leave my SIM card in permanently would be nice) and I'm in! Thanks for all your hard work, will likely donate soon.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
FYI - According to Gizmodo Opera Mini 5 is now available for Android;

http://www.opera.com/mini/next

Can't have my phone at work so I have not been able to check it out yet.
Download Opera Mini 5 via the market place. Doesn't seem to be as fast as the winmo native version, but is considerably better than the android opera 4 version.

That being said it crashed when I tried to post a comment here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertimus2002 View Post

TIA
You will need some 3rd party support to sync your exchange calendar. One option I have used in the past is syncmycal (there is both a free version and a paid version.) This will allow you to sync your exchange calendar to google calendar.

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2