PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metropcs

reekotubbs is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Since this is not windows what is the equivalent to ICS? I really need this to be able to use this as my main OS. Is there an wmwifirouter or a htc wifirouter equivalent, as seeing that many android devices are htc.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekotubbs View Post
Since this is not windows what is the equivalent to ICS? I really need this to be able to use this as my main OS. Is there an wmwifirouter or a htc wifirouter equivalent, as seeing that many android devices are htc.
pdanet would be the ics comparable, but won't work as we don't have usb control yet

there is a project for wifi tethering which was linked to a dozen pages back or so (quick search should find it)

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
pdanet would be the ics comparable, but won't work as we don't have usb control yet

there is a project for wifi tethering which was linked to a dozen pages back or so (quick search should find it)
Thanks, but I am unable to locate the thread you have mentioned. I searched for tethering, ics, wifi, but no luck.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytethegroove View Post
maybe its just me, and I dont mean to be a ****, but shouldnt this thread be about developement of android, like sound and wifi and data and such...
I think to have to read 20 pages of bs about live wallpapers should be another thread...this thread has 80 pages, and more than 60% is garbage space....
Just my 2 cents..
I think all this unecessary talk about stuff thats not needed, is just slowing down developement....
Again I dont mean to be an ass and Im sorry if this offends someone...but now that we have our own subforum...I think non playing with software and or games belongs in another thread....instead of freaking live wallpapers, lets worry about sound and power management
peace
byte
i agree, that's why i created this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113463
but nobody seems to want to join in on the apps/themes fun over there... guess this forum isn't bumpin enough jsut yet for everyone to leave the sticky thread.

In other news... looks like Pippy's contribution made engadget http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/11/h...loves-it-vide/
Old 03-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertimus2002 View Post
It seems that a lot of updates have been happening the past few days. I would LOVE to use this OS as my day to day OS since I am on SERO. Does everyone think it will be a way off before the ringtone/other items become supported and functioning?

Also, anyone that has any tips to get my Exchange Account calendar to sync, that'd be great.

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Hey I have been following this Android project for a minute, but have stopped after the latest release being that it was coming along so fast and I was going to wait until all the fixes were ironed out. So has there been any progress as far as the sound? That was my biggest gripe about using it....other than the battery life, but that is all droids. I cant stand the battery life on Android devices.
Does anyone happen to know how the development of the GSM port went? What features did they get functioning in what order? How long between the initial ability to get some function before it became fully functional? Maybe that will give us an idea of what our own timeline might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I personally would like this as well, the only thing I have really found that is good so far is an app in the marketplace called "Touchdown" http://www.nitrodesk.com/index.aspx It does full activesync with Exchange. But doesn't integrate with the phone's calendar or contact app. So you have to use it's widget is what I have found to work best on a screen to look up contacts. But it has it's calendar as well. If someone comes up with a Free app let me know. I don't mind paying the $20 this one costs, but would rather have it integrate with the regular contacts/calendar so that when I am in my dialer I can look up contacts. But it has a 30 day trial, so just checking it out fully and will start reading up on its capabilities. It might just be a setting.
I use gmail, google calender and google contacts as my exchange. Extremely easy setup (Especially in android since it detects it automatically), my contacts, calender and email uploads automatically with initial setup. If you guys (and especially the ones that want to use android full time) wanna get contacts and stuff setup try having using google for at least contacts but Id suggest calender as well. Im sure theres a way to export your contact list from whatever exchange you use to google relatively easily.

Last edited by Mazzakre; 03-11-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks, but I am unable to locate the thread you have mentioned. I searched for tethering, ics, wifi, but no luck.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=778
The link in the post gives info for bothe wired and wireless tethering

direct link to wifi tether:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...neKernelUpdate
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Here is the PDAnet.

edit:
This may not be stealth so its likely your provider may be able to see you tethering and charge you. Also, since the battery life on android is HORRIBLE tethering probably isnt the best way to go right now. If I were you Id tether with WM when I need to.

Last edited by Mazzakre; 03-11-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added info
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I also found this on life hackers for android tethering:
http://lifehacker.com/5447347/how-to...-android-phone

they list 3 methods:
Method 1: Tether Android with Apps that Need Root (Free, heavy configuration)

Method 2: Tether Android with Proxoid (Free, no root required, some configuration)

Method 3: Tether Android with PDAnet ($30, no root required, minimal configuration)

Don't know if they will work for our build, but will try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I also found this on life hackers for android tethering:
http://lifehacker.com/5447347/how-to...-android-phone

they list 3 methods:
Method 1: Tether Android with Apps that Need Root (Free, heavy configuration)

Method 2: Tether Android with Proxoid (Free, no root required, some configuration)

Method 3: Tether Android with PDAnet ($30, no root required, minimal configuration)

Don't know if they will work for our build, but will try.
Didn't check the link, but we are already "rooted" so the first method may be easier than lifehacker implies
Old 03-11-2010, 01:39 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I put together all the files this morning on my SD card, putting it all into a folder. Followed directions word-for-word and it doesn't work.

Well, it boots, loads completely. Runs for 10-15 seconds. It dials to enable data, freezes, and restarts the phone. I didn't find much searching this thread, so any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2