PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu0741924381 View Post
LK NBH hangs at

"
fastboot_init()
udc_start()
"
lol yup. Thanks for testing... Read up on LK and fastboot before you go any farther. We don't have the boot.img or recovery.img fully working yet...
Running into some issues with LK and the kernel not working with each other. And the partitions need to be figured out too...

But we are getting closer!
This is all new to me so I'm reading just as much as you should be reading!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I guess this is a good read on LK: https://www.codeaurora.org/2010/03/0...id-bootloader/
Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu0741924381 View Post
LK NBH hangs at

"
fastboot_init()
udc_start()
"
if you are gsm and its getting this far, well then this is good news.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PRO2
Carrier: CHN

a460162314 is a n00b

LK is what?
I tested LK.nbh
Look at this picture。。。
EDIT:Pictures shot the vague...
I saw the interface is :Blue background+White font
Is a new interface?
But finally stopped on the
"
fastboot_init()
udc_start()
"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (144.7 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by a460162314; 04-13-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by a460162314 View Post
LK is what?
I tested LK.nbh
Look at this picture。。。
EDIT:Pictures shot the vague...
I saw the interface is :Blue background+White font
Is a new interface?
But finally stopped on the
"
fastboot_init()
udc_start()
"
You have a lot of reading to do.. start with "fastboot" on google.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Lurker

Tynictansol is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Tynictansol

I'm booting off NAND via the instructions here and have been having a noob of a time getting applications requiring root access to function, with Titanium being the main app I want so I can more easily transition between installations for testing purposes. I've attempted to download Busybox, however it fails installing due to inability to get root access, as well. I have XP Windows with ADB Drivers installed and I can get around a little bit in Droid Explorer. I don't get prompts when opening applications which require root, just them saying they failed to get access. I have USB Debugging enabled, if that matters at all. I've done some digging in the various threads here though perhaps I don't know the terminology I should be looking for. Superuser, busybox, root don't land results which have been helpful to me, unfortunately, and all discussions of the topic in forums not specific to the TP2 seem to bear only cursory relevancy to it. I have a RHOD400 type device.

Thanks in advance for any and all help provided and if there is, in fact, a thread or post which covers this in a way I might be able to follow just pointing me in that direction would be most appreciated.

Originally posted here, now posted in this thread as suggested.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynictansol View Post
I'm booting off NAND via the instructions here and have been having a noob of a time getting applications requiring root access to function, with Titanium being the main app I want so I can more easily transition between installations for testing purposes. I've attempted to download Busybox, however it fails installing due to inability to get root access, as well. I have XP Windows with ADB Drivers installed and I can get around a little bit in Droid Explorer. I don't get prompts when opening applications which require root, just them saying they failed to get access. I have USB Debugging enabled, if that matters at all. I've done some digging in the various threads here though perhaps I don't know the terminology I should be looking for. Superuser, busybox, root don't land results which have been helpful to me, unfortunately, and all discussions of the topic in forums not specific to the TP2 seem to bear only cursory relevancy to it. I have a RHOD400 type device.

Thanks in advance for any and all help provided and if there is, in fact, a thread or post which covers this in a way I might be able to follow just pointing me in that direction would be most appreciated.

Place this file in the ROOT of you sdcard. Boot into recovery mode and run the update. You should then be good to go!!!
update.tgz

For people with WIFI problems go to data and remove the wifi-nvram.txt file and do the update above.

Last edited by Lmiller1708; 04-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Place this file in the ROOT of you sdcard. Boot into recovery mode and run the update. You should then be good to go!!!
update.tgz

For people with WIFI problems go to data and remove the wifi-nvram.txt file and do the update above.
Thanks .. ill commit this script so we can all enjoy the fix for the wifi issue.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynictansol View Post

I never had an issue rooting. Can you try this before you do the update lmiller posted.

install SU from market. Install busybox from maket (the jrummy version works for me) then TI
Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Lurker

Tynictansol is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Tynictansol

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I never had an issue rooting. Can you try this before you do the update lmiller posted.

install SU from market. Install busybox from maket (the jrummy version works for me) then TI
Thanks for the recommendations, [ACL]. I've gone through and installed, from the market both Superuser (ChainsDD creator) and BusyBox (JRummy version). I'm still having the same issues, though again I may be just doing something wrong, I'm by no means a power user with this yet and I may be neglecting a step considered very basic. This is a link to a screencast I made showing attempting first the Busybox installer, then paging through the Superuser application, then Titanium Backup. If what I understand is correct, when I open, say Titanium, for the first time, a popup should come up asking if I want to grant root access to the application. If there's other information I can provide please let me know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development