PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

I see the issue with wifi now.

E/wpa_supplicant( 917): Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
E/WifiHW ( 213): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

issue appears to be in the sysinit.sh. Its runnign with errors.

ehh more errors:

edit : dhd_preinit_ioctls: can't get MAC address , error=-110

Edit2 : ok found the culprit. I'll make the change tonight.. and upload a new android install

Last edited by [ACL]; 03-20-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Try to put in the sim once ur in android. monitor dmesg (not logcat) while you do it and see if you find anything
This... would be difficult. Unless it works while being plugged in to AC?

It'll be nice to work out that bug... Can I help at all with a 400? My buddy's 400 came with a SIM, mine didn't - but perhaps with his SIM I can do some testing.

Thanks for the hard work!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

got kernel kitchen running fiiiiinnnaaallly, acl. rhod_payload2 instead of rhod_payload was my problem..... damn i'm glad i caught that off of dude on the "how to compile" forum... So i got key mapping how i like and can help the lil i can with that knowledge n working compileing. Your recovery is really awesome too bro, nice work. Should wipeing data require a new install tho>?

Last edited by MassStash; 03-20-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This... would be difficult. Unless it works while being plugged in to AC?

It'll be nice to work out that bug... Can I help at all with a 400? My buddy's 400 came with a SIM, mine didn't - but perhaps with his SIM I can do some testing.

Thanks for the hard work!
You can actually pull the battery while USB is plugged in. Unfortunately, this only works in Android, not in WinMo. I tried to look into this with ADB, but I couldn't get anywhere with it. I figured we weren't initializing the SIM slot during boot, so Android had no idea the card was being plugged in.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:53 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
got kernel kitchen running fiiiiinnnaaallly, acl. rhod_payload2 instead of rhod_payload was my problem..... damn i'm glad i caught that off of dude on the "how to compile" forum... So i got key mapping how i like and can help the lil i can with that knowledge n working compileing. Your recovery is really awesome too bro, nice work. Should wipeing data require a new install tho>?
I got caught off guard by that today. I wiped my data and forgot that the modules are on that partition. So im like "ok i can run the update anwyays", but the recovery update is for full android updates and not modules.

I had to rename the androidupdate.tgz to update.tgz and move it to the root of the sdcard (thank goodnes we have ums), and finally updated with the fresh set of modules.

I'm still wondering if i should just have the update and the modules use the same name.. in my eyes its more confusing but we will see what the crowd says.

im still cleaning up all my stuff before i upload everything tonight.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Cool, I'd like to see what's new.

Tried the "latest" as of this post, and data still doesn't work for me - hm. I have a 3g icon, but when i adb shell, ifconfig returns nothing. ps shows that pppd is in fact running...

I did try ifconfig ppp0, and it did return an IP. I couldn't ping 8.8.8.8... Hrm. Ah well, I'll try out the new stuff when it's up!

Edit - really weird, not sure what this means but I couldn't cp from the command line. Had to /bin/cp...

ofc, /bin/ifconfig also now returns valid output... hrm...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-21-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:40 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Cool, I'd like to see what's new.

Tried the "latest" as of this post, and data still doesn't work for me - hm. I have a 3g icon, but when i adb shell, ifconfig returns nothing. ps shows that pppd is in fact running...

I did try ifconfig ppp0, and it did return an IP. I couldn't ping 8.8.8.8... Hrm. Ah well, I'll try out the new stuff when it's up!

Edit - really weird, not sure what this means but I couldn't cp from the command line. Had to /bin/cp...

ofc, /bin/ifconfig also now returns valid output... hrm...
you know the wifi issue and this other issue ur talking about is mainly because we removed /bin from the path. damn people and them wanting root. but i suppose with a full busybox in ur system/bin you should have no issues.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
you know the wifi issue and this other issue ur talking about is mainly because we removed /bin from the path. damn people and them wanting root. but i suppose with a full busybox in ur system/bin you should have no issues.
Durn those people (o wait I want it to use TB ).

You guys'll hash it all out in time - perhaps we should just use that su app, I'm not sure what the right answer is... Wouldn't break your back if an app can do it easily.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Durn those people (o wait I want it to use TB ).

You guys'll hash it all out in time - perhaps we should just use that su app, I'm not sure what the right answer is... Wouldn't break your back if an app can do it easily.
since we are trying to comply with aosp . then use whatever app you can to make it work
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I got caught off guard by that today. I wiped my data and forgot that the modules are on that partition. So im like "ok i can run the update anwyays", but the recovery update is for full android updates and not modules.

I had to rename the androidupdate.tgz to update.tgz and move it to the root of the sdcard (thank goodnes we have ums), and finally updated with the fresh set of modules.

I'm still wondering if i should just have the update and the modules use the same name.. in my eyes its more confusing but we will see what the crowd says.

im still cleaning up all my stuff before i upload everything tonight.
Seen the way to use update.tgz like native Android phone does, I like that way

Is kernel call some thing in "/system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so" when SIM Card is inserted?

I tried to build tinboot without force_cdma=1 but still failed (boot up with error: "not found rootfs"), could anyone working on this point me the right way to build it?

In Haret I have full 3G signal & fast mobile data.
Can we make a port from Haret version?
--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development