PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

try many times , can not flash rhodim.nbh, once into three color sceen, phone auot reboot immediately,
Quote:
OK, I charge battery with other device, then boot now

Last edited by muziling; 04-10-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Tynictansol is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Tynictansol

I apologize for being 'that guy' having trouble with some basics, though I was able to get the driver loaded for the XDA listing now. There's been a couple freezes since I flashed last night, both while in Maps(I updated to the latest version, if that changes anything).

I've got Droid Explorer connected with the device now, and if there's anything I can do/run/test to help out. Can contact me via AIM or Gtalk or, obviously, on here.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

nate/lmiller

finally a successful boot off nand using LK. i made the ptable match what we had on nand but had to rename the recovery partition to boot so LK can boot the kernel. Problem now is all of the recovery init code needs to be modified since we are going to need to make a boot and recovery partition. I wanted to see if we can combine both like we do now but its not possible without changes anyways so might as well mastermind it.

anywyas pull the latest lk and test.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

wow, new boot mode, next version seems great . thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

What are the advantages of using LK over the prior method? Just curious if anyone has the time and knowledge for a quick reply.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
What are the advantages of using LK over the prior method? Just curious if anyone has the time and knowledge for a quick reply.
we can use fastboot like a real android device once LK has been flashed. This also means we no longer need to reflash the NBH each time there is a new kernel or recovery since fastboot allows you to update those partitions.

Plus the real reason why i want to use it is so we can charge the phone using LK instead of our kernel.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Cosmote / Orange RO

eu0741924381 is just getting started

can this help with gsm too?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu0741924381 View Post
can this help with gsm too?
it might so keep your fingers crossed. I'm hoping to have a test out tonight. If it actually boots in the gsm device, then thats a good sign.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost

Unklejoe is a n00b

Got stuck in a boot loop today. Tried removing the battery, then replacing it then plugging the cable back in, but that didn't work. I also tried the "unplug and plug the USB cable in for 5 second intervals" trick, but that didn't work either.

I ended up heating up the battery with a hair dryer for a good 5 minutes, then putting it back into the phone, with the cable already plugged in. I let it sit there for a good 20 minutes. Works fine.

You have to get the battery pretty hot for this to work, but don't go crazy. I think it may explode if you go to far lol

EDIT: IT HAPPENED AGAIN AND THIS TIME THE HAIR DRYER TRICK DIDN'T WORK.

What I did now is got a small variable DC power supply and connected it to the outer pins (the ones labeled + and -) of the battery and maintained a constant 3.4 volt charge on the battery. This may be out of reach for some, but it is basically a simple way to charge the battery without the phone. Don't charge it for too long like this though; just to start the phone.

Last edited by Unklejoe; 04-11-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklejoe View Post
Got stuck in a boot loop today. Tried removing the battery, then replacing it then plugging the cable back in, but that didn't work. I also tried the "unplug and plug the USB cable in for 5 second intervals" trick, but that didn't work either.

I ended up heating up the battery with a hair dryer for a good 5 minutes, then putting it back into the phone, with the cable already plugged in. I let it sit there for a good 20 minutes. Works fine.

You have to get the battery pretty hot for this to work, but don't go crazy. I think it may explode if you go to far lol
Woah... I've heard of cooling down hard drives to potentially recover lost data, but heating up batteries to make them charge again? That's a new one on me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development