PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Tynictansol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tynictansol
Root, Superuser and Busybox

I'm booting off NAND via the instructions here and have been having a noob of a time getting applications requiring root access to function, with Titanium being the main app I want so I can more easily transition between installations for testing purposes. I've attempted to download Busybox, however it fails installing due to inability to get root access, as well. I have XP Windows with ADB Drivers installed and I can get around a little bit in Droid Explorer. I don't get prompts when opening applications which require root, just them saying they failed to get access. I have USB Debugging enabled, if that matters at all. I've done some digging in the various threads here though perhaps I don't know the terminology I should be looking for. Superuser, busybox, root don't land results which have been helpful to me, unfortunately, and all discussions of the topic in forums not specific to the TP2 seem to bear only cursory relevancy to it. I have a RHOD400 type device.

Thanks in advance for any and all help provided and if there is, in fact, a thread or post which covers this in a way I might be able to follow just pointing me in that direction would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Tynictansol; 04-14-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: grammar/hopefully clarity
Old 04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Root, Superuser and Busybox

Have you tried the superuser app?

This would make a lot more sense if you had posted in the NAND thread .
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Tynictansol is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Tynictansol

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Have you tried the superuser app?
In the Superuser app there are no apps in the list. I understand this is normal as no applications have been granted access. However, applications requiring root access do not display any notification or popup asking for it to be granted. Log 'no log information'. Tap action is display app details, show status icons, notifications are on in 'toast' type. Su reports as up to date when updates are checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This would make a lot more sense if you had posted in the NAND thread .
Arrrghhh, I put the post in a new thread so as to not clutter up the more pure testing discussion in the NAND thread; I don't want to threadjack or cause conversation there to go off-topic given this seems like something a more experienced user might not have a problem with whatsoever. If this is an error or isn't too disruptive to be posted there, I will post the original question in that thread. Thanks for your response, though.

Does it sound like I'm doing something wrong? I just reflashed this morning after flashing to WinMo and playing in HaRET a little last night, so things are pretty much exactly as they are when you do the initial boot/reset to get data working. Maps updated as soon as I got the Market connected to download busybox, but that's about it for anything I've done.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I couldn't get root access to work either, but I was also testing before data worked. I haven't flashed in a while, waiting for the LK stuff to settle down TBH .
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogal/tp1/tp2...

slipdoozy is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Root, Superuser and Busybox

hi guys i had the same problem with rooting my rhodium 400 too... so i went looking for super one click over at xda. fiddled with both versions they had there. tried v1.8 first not fully rooted but it said i was "shell rooted" anyways no luck with "need root" apps. so i tried v1.7 and used the 1st "psneuter" option no root with that one. moved to 2nd option and use the "rageagainstthecage" exploit let it run for about 5 minutes and in the middle of the root procedure i turned off debugging. and low and behold i now have full root for those "need root" apps. i also restarted phone somewhere in there. hope this helps for you worked for me by the way im running the nand build.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2