PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 03:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynictansol View Post
Thanks for the recommendations, [ACL]. I've gone through and installed, from the market both Superuser (ChainsDD creator) and BusyBox (JRummy version). I'm still having the same issues, though again I may be just doing something wrong, I'm by no means a power user with this yet and I may be neglecting a step considered very basic. This is a link to a screencast I made showing attempting first the Busybox installer, then paging through the Superuser application, then Titanium Backup. If what I understand is correct, when I open, say Titanium, for the first time, a popup should come up asking if I want to grant root access to the application. If there's other information I can provide please let me know.
i tried it again and it worked fine. Now one thing you do need to make sure of is that you remount system as RW before you do anything. try it out..
Old 04-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i tried it again and it worked fine. Now one thing you do need to make sure of is that you remount system as RW before you do anything. try it out..
what line to mount cuz "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /system" doesn't work anymore
Old 04-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
what line to mount cuz "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /system" doesn't work anymore
Ok that is because busybox is not installed....

So your command should be:
/bin/busybox mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /system

Also I updated the "update.tgz" again... I forgot the include the su file.

update.tgz
Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Tynictansol is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Tynictansol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Ok that is because busybox is not installed....

So your command should be:
/bin/busybox mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /system

Also I updated the "update.tgz" again... I forgot the include the su file.

update.tgz
For this update should we delete the file inside the data folder again prior to updating in the recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL
]i tried it again and it worked fine. Now one thing you do need to make sure of is that you remount system as RW before you do anything. try it out..
Alright, likely simpleton question... For running these commands at a terminal, should I have a terminal emulator on the TP2 itself or is this to be run from something like ADB or Droid Explorer's Console?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Woot, got my hands on a CDMA Topaz (Whitestone) today. Gonna move my service over to that so I can full time work on the Rhodium without having to worry about people not being able to reach me. Also gonna have to check with ACL and see what would need to be done to get NAND figured out for Topaz. I have a good feeling that it uses the same NAND as the HD2 and RHOD seeing as they were all manufactured at the same time.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 04-15-2011 at 07:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are you refering to the HTC Imagio? I have one of those too, let me know when you start working on it, I can help.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nyoiiiice, new update worked; rooted now and bout to delete the file for wifi fix.... Still stuck with no more flashing tho because the spl is still broken. noone got back to me on that n i haven't found a fix for it, I have deemed it burnt out, or flamed, from flashing haha. for a reminder, when attempting to flash AAANNNYYY nbh, it gets stuck at "Loading..."

on a cooler note, rooting the phone made it fllllyyyy
Old 04-16-2011, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

holy sh*t..

lk fixes the sim card issue. booting just fine with it using lk.. i smell a test build coming up.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.760; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash
Nyoiiiice, new update worked; rooted now and bout to delete the file for wifi fix.... Still stuck with no more flashing tho because the spl is still broken. noone got back to me on that n i haven't found a fix for it, I have deemed it burnt out, or flamed, from flashing haha. for a reminder, when attempting to flash AAANNNYYY nbh, it gets stuck at "Loading..."

on a cooler note, rooting the phone made it fllllyyyy
Flash the stock ROM directly from the SD Card a couple of times. I had a similar experience, and that fixed it for me.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.760; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Flash the stock ROM directly from the SD Card a couple of times. I had a similar experience, and that fixed it for me.
do you mean "attempt to flash," cuz it gets stuck at loading lol ill try, but I just couldn't take it anymore: just purchased n evo off ebay.... lol woot de la woot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development