View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM
[ACL]
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynictansol View Post
I'm booting off NAND via the instructions here and have been having a noob of a time getting applications requiring root access to function, with Titanium being the main app I want so I can more easily transition between installations for testing purposes. I've attempted to download Busybox, however it fails installing due to inability to get root access, as well. I have XP Windows with ADB Drivers installed and I can get around a little bit in Droid Explorer. I don't get prompts when opening applications which require root, just them saying they failed to get access. I have USB Debugging enabled, if that matters at all. I've done some digging in the various threads here though perhaps I don't know the terminology I should be looking for. Superuser, busybox, root don't land results which have been helpful to me, unfortunately, and all discussions of the topic in forums not specific to the TP2 seem to bear only cursory relevancy to it. I have a RHOD400 type device.

Thanks in advance for any and all help provided and if there is, in fact, a thread or post which covers this in a way I might be able to follow just pointing me in that direction would be most appreciated.

Originally posted here, now posted in this thread as suggested.

I never had an issue rooting. Can you try this before you do the update lmiller posted.

install SU from market. Install busybox from maket (the jrummy version works for me) then TI