PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Rollazn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Just got back from my local sprint store... and got a chill *** rep and he's replacing my Touch Pro with a Touch Pro 2 (coming on Friday!). I can't wait!!!

This is my first defective TP too... and I only had one month left on the warranty!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kazanjig is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanjig View Post
anyone know if there's a way to add TEP to a 11 month old phone? i read somewhere about deactivating it, activating an old phone you have hanging around, and then doing all that again with the original phone. comments?

So, I got TEP added to my phone today.

Yesterday, I went to my local repair center twice: (1) in the morning the radio wouldn't turn on (so they replaced the touch screen for some reason); (2) in the afternoon the battery was discharging very quickly and wouldn't take a charge. During both visits I asked about adding TEP but was told it was only possibly during the 30 days following activation. I got home and in doing some research found the following: LINK

Quote:
After 30 days, a Phone Repair Center can add equipment protection if you bring it in for paid or in-warranty store repair.
So back to the store again today. I immediately asked for the manager and started to ask about TEP. He repeated the same 30 day crap, so I pulled out the printout of Sprint's own policy. He had the nerve to tell me I was wrong. I told him it's there in clear English that I can add it after an in-warranty repair. He still denied it but then was convinced by a couple other reps after they read it as well (this was after I started getting a bit irate and loud). In the end, he got TEP added to my line and made a copy of the printout so he could educated his staff at the next meeting. I felt somewhat validated after that.

Now to go talk to him tomorrow about that WEL list. They were only offering the Snap and Treo Pro.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
Remember folks -

UPGRADING is not getting a phone for free.

UPGRADING is when you sign a 1 or 2 yr contact and PAY for a new phone.

Next time please use "I think Sprint should "replace" out defective Touch Pro 1s with a Touch Pro 2"

No wonder why I sort of got frustrated with customers who thought they "knew" the system. They would walk into my old workplace [70% service and repair customers] and say I want you to UPGRADE me to so and so phone. I say OKAY and get out the upgrade paperwork and ask them if they are eligible for an upgrade. They get pissed when I tell them upgrade is when you sign a new contract and pay for a phone. We dont give free upgrades. Ohhh you want to get your phone REPLACED through TEP or ESRP? Yaaahh I can help you with that sir or ma'am.
If I was your customer I would get pissed too. 'Upgrade' vs 'replacement with a better model' is all semantics. You knew what they meant and just because someone doesn't use your little environments exact vernacular doesn't mean you should try and make yourself feel superior by pulling out the paperwork for something you know they don't want until they finally explain it in the way you prefer to hear it. el oh el. If that happened to me and I caught on I would stop dealing with you and talk to your supervisor. And I'm a pretty laid back guy that doesn't want any drama.

By sheer definition, for use on this forum or in a Sprint store as far as I'm concerned I still call getting my broke *** tp replaced with a not so broke *** tp2 as an upgrade whether they charge me anything or extend my contract or not.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by skeptikal; 10-21-2009 at 08:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
If I was your customer I would get pissed too. 'Upgrade' vs 'replacement with a better model' is all semantics. You knew what they meant and just because someone doesn't use your little environments exact vernacular doesn't mean you should try and make yourself feel superior by pulling out the paperwork for something you know they don't want until they finally explain it in the way you prefer to hear it. el oh el. If that happened to me and I caught on I would stop dealing with you and talk to your supervisor. And I'm a pretty laid back guy that doesn't want any drama.

By sheer definition, for use on this forum or in a Sprint store as far as I'm concerned I still call getting my broke *** tp replaced with a not so broke *** tp2 as an upgrade whether they charge me anything or extend my contract or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokestudent12 View Post
100% agree - what a douchbag with little man syndrome.
You guys made me lulz.

Actually the customer came back to me every single time after that and he even added 4 lines while I still worked at that corporate repair center

He said I was someone different at that store. He said before I worked there all of the other reps knew NOTHING about flashing roms or hacking a PPC, yet alone refer him to a site dedicated to pocket pcs [I met and got customers to come to PPCGeeks and XDA to gain more knowledge about their PPCs ] He brought all of his friends to me also to get advice on what to do with their plans/phones.

Not one customer disliked me while I worked there. If I could get my records you can see that my customer satisfaction was 100% EVERY SINGLE MONTH. And the thank you emails that I got every month was crazy.

I turned lots of flip phone customers into pocket pc customers. It has been a while since I have worked there but the last 3 times I stopped in to say hi to my old co-workers they pushed 3 customers to me to ask how to unlocked their touch pros to flash to new roms. I brought my laptop into the store and helped them flash to another rom

I don't give customers crap, I educate them on small things which built good rapport which lead me to a higher bonus and more customers that kept coming back to me month after month =]

I <3 Android
Old 10-21-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
You guys made me lulz.

Actually the customer came back to me every single time after that and he even added 4 lines while I still worked at that corporate repair center

He said I was someone different at that store. He said before I worked there all of the other reps knew NOTHING about flashing roms or hacking a PPC, yet alone refer him to a site dedicated to pocket pcs [I met and got customers to come to PPCGeeks and XDA to gain more knowledge about their PPCs ] He brought all of his friends to me also to get advice on what to do with their plans/phones.

Not one customer disliked me while I worked there. If I could get my records you can see that my customer satisfaction was 100% EVERY SINGLE MONTH. And the thank you emails that I got every month was crazy.

I turned lots of flip phone customers into pocket pc customers. It has been a while since I have worked there but the last 3 times I stopped in to say hi to my old co-workers they pushed 3 customers to me to ask how to unlocked their touch pros to flash to new roms. I brought my laptop into the store and helped them flash to another rom

I don't give customers crap, I educate them on small things which built good rapport which lead me to a higher bonus and more customers that kept coming back to me month after month =]
I don't doubt you were a good rep but i can't lie it irked me that you cared that people say upgrade instead of replacement. No big deal though. I've read all your posts in these 2 threads and never had an issue with anything you've said before. Like I say something just struck me wrong picturing you pulling out paperwork for something you knew they didn't need. lol.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Almost a VIP

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I don't doubt you were a good rep but i can't lie it irked me that you cared that people say upgrade instead of replacement. No big deal though. I've read all your posts in these 2 threads and never had an issue with anything you've said before. Like I say something just struck me wrong picturing you pulling out paperwork for something you knew they didn't need. lol.
It was more like a joke to the customer because I saw him giving his kid and another rep on his previous visit. I just wanted to make him chuckle and smile a bit. So after that he always came back to me.

I dont mean any pun or harm to you bro. Or anyone else.

I dont like intranerz drama so no harm okay?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabestover View Post
I was able to get Sprint to replace my TP w/ a TP2. They say it's going to be a refurb, but hopefully it ends up being new. If not, oh well. I'm on my 6th TP now - the random hard resets on this one and the last one, along with the keyboards & face buttons dying on every single one I've had have really gotten old. Should have my TP2 Monday/Tuesday.

This was at the Sprint store at 8440 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA 92108 in case anyone in the area wants to try it out. They had no idea what was going on until I showed them the HowardForums link. A bunch of the people working there were really excited about it once they found out. If you have a legit hardware problem with your TP, I would imagine you'll have no problem getting a TP2 from that store.
congrats for the TP2

I live in SD
, your neighbour !
do you remember the na,e of the representative helped ypou ordering new TP2

Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
I don't doubt you were a good rep
Actually the only time I ticked off a customer was when I accidentally deleted a customers phone number on accident. I spent 5 hours on the phone with Sprint to get her number back for her. That was the most gut wrenching thing I went through when I worked at Sprint. Wish I can go back and work with Sprint.

Anyyyways. Everyone please be patient and nice when you try to get a Touch pro 2 replaced with your defective Touch pro 1
Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabestover View Post
I was able to get Sprint to replace my TP w/ a TP2. They say it's going to be a refurb, but hopefully it ends up being new. If not, oh well. I'm on my 6th TP now - the random hard resets on this one and the last one, along with the keyboards & face buttons dying on every single one I've had have really gotten old. Should have my TP2 Monday/Tuesday.

This was at the Sprint store at 8440 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA 92108 in case anyone in the area wants to try it out. They had no idea what was going on until I showed them the HowardForums link. A bunch of the people working there were really excited about it once they found out. If you have a legit hardware problem with your TP, I would imagine you'll have no problem getting a TP2 from that store.
congrats for the TP2
I love in SD
Mission valley
do you remember the name of the rep. helped you ordering TP2
Old 10-21-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Actually the only time I ticked off a customer was when I accidentally deleted a customers phone number on accident. I spent 5 hours on the phone with Sprint to get her number back for her. That was the most gut wrenching thing I went through when I worked at Sprint. Wish I can go back and work with Sprint.

Anyyyways. Everyone please be patient and nice when you try to get a Touch pro 2 replaced with your defective Touch pro 1
Why don't you go back to work for them? I did verizon business dsl tech support for a few months a long time ago and I always had a really low percentage of return calls. Most of their customers were in NYC and didn't know the meaning of the word patience. No offense NY peeps. I never denied anybody service or worked slower because they were rude but i can imagine a lot of reps definitely would and did. So, +1 on being patient and nice.

On a side note, when I was still trying to get this done on the phone before I filed my Asurion claim a really nice tsr said that your best bet on getting a tp2 is to call as early in the day as you can. They are much more likely to have them in stock at the start of the day than late in the afternoon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro