PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Alltel

wentzeric is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Sorry,

but I disagree with you. This light was not running at all when I first booted into android. It started the subsequent day. I have had this constant illuminating light wear down by battery twice now and it must just be a small bug or programing error.

We are so close to this being a reality with the TP's but we are just a little too far away for this to be a permanent OS for me.

Plus the Incredible is just a week away.

Thanks a lot!!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wentzeric View Post
Sorry,

but I disagree with you. This light was not running at all when I first booted into android. It started the subsequent day. I have had this constant illuminating light wear down by battery twice now and it must just be a small bug or programing error.

We are so close to this being a reality with the TP's but we are just a little too far away for this to be a permanent OS for me.

Plus the Incredible is just a week away.

Thanks a lot!!
Well you can reject what we say and just think it is whatever you want to think it is... The truth is, it won't drain your battery - BT, wifi, and well just using the phone will. This project has been going for a while - and has come quite a long way. However, it's still not nearly feature-complete, as I'm sure you're well-aware. We're just telling you what we know about the system. You can make your own conclusions, ours are usually made from what devs tell us
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Well you can reject what we say and just think it is whatever you want to think it is...
lol that was good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Just installed and this is my first interaction with Android OS, and I am quite impressed! I have been wanting to get one for a while, but have to wait until money and contracts allow, so this should hold me over until then

Trying it out so far it seems to work pretty good, sometimes a little lag switching landscape to portrait mode, sometimes I even have to kick it to sleep and then back on. Have had a few instances where I hit the back button and it registers end, but that may be the hardware.

My main issue is no incoming calls! I can call out, and hear people, but I receive no notification that a call is incoming. Any suggestions?

Nevermind, as I was writing this it rang lol.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:20 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well you can reject what we say and just think it is whatever you want to think it is... The truth is, it won't drain your battery - BT, wifi, and well just using the phone will. This project has been going for a while - and has come quite a long way. However, it's still not nearly feature-complete, as I'm sure you're well-aware. We're just telling you what we know about the system. You can make your own conclusions, ours are usually made from what devs tell us
I love it. Have I told you lately that you make this thread better, arrrghhh?

wentzeric: He's right. I thought that info was in the first page, but I deleted it. Added to the FAQ. Trust me, that one LED is not going to drain the battery. A dozen other things are.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I try to bring joy and happiness wherever I go
Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

=D>

lol thats why you named yourself arrrghhh.... so when everyone else gets frustrated they are already saying your name.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
=D>

lol thats why you named yourself arrrghhh.... so when everyone else gets frustrated they are already saying your name.
Yea, it's been my online handle since about 1996 I believe... I'm pretty sure I was just pissed off at the time, and it's just stuck. Accept no substitutes, my handle is symmetrical in its expression of frustration :P
Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Awww, was that a "moment"? How cute. :P

j/k btw
Old 04-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefoxx View Post
Awww, was that a "moment"? How cute. :P
Jealous?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux