PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

**this still works fine if you don't like xdandroid to show**
Put in your carrier name or put in something fun instead of the text "xdandroid" below.
  1. Open Notepad on computer
  2. Copy this: (highlight Ctrl C)
    MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE RED COLOR TEXT BELOW TO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SHOW
  3. <EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="1" EriFileType="1"><CallPromptId Id="0" CallPromptText="CallPromptId0" /> <CallPromptId Id="1" CallPromptText="CallPromptId1" /> <CallPromptId Id="2" CallPromptText="CallPromptId2" /> <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="1" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="XDAndroid" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" /> </EriFile>
  4. Save file as eri.xml
  5. ON TP2: Copy file to tp2 sdcard root dir
  6. Boot into XDAndroid on TP2: DL Android Terminal Emulator from market
  7. run it
  8. su
  9. cd /sdcard
  10. cp eri.xml /data/eri.xml
  11. backout & restart phone
**edit above**
Yea, thanks arrrghhh...(below).. one to many times copy & paste! Should be fixed above now.

(I actually use to keep my different eri.xml's in a folder /sdcard/andbootfrx06/data.. part of the mixup)

Also, for the noobs & lurkers... (not for you arrrghhh)
I'll restate this just because... /sdcard and /data are at the same level in root (superuser).

There are a lot of ways to copy a file, you could do all from root or change into the get dir or the target directory... just like in windows. Use cp instead of copy, su to get to the # from $ (super user), cd is the same (change dir).

Also, here is the link to the orig. post #163 in which I combined 2 other posts (original links included) to make the simple few steps above.

**edit 2**
re. the eri.xml file... you probably don't need most of the stuff in there anymore, but didn't seem to hurt anything by leaving the same as I used with frx06...

Last edited by teradog; 08-04-2011 at 11:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
**this still works fine if you don't like xdandroid to show**
Put in your carrier name or put in something fun instead of the text "xdandroid" below.
  • su
  • cd /sdcard
  • cp eri.xml andboot/data/eri.xml (andboot should be renamed with the dir you have your haret.exe
Thanks for confirming this still works teradog.

One issue tho - in that cp step. Wouldn't you just cp eri.xml to /data/eri.xml? I don't understand why you're cp'ing to andboot/data/eri.xml.

Assuming the file is at the root of the SD card, you can cp /sdcard/eri.xml /data/eri.xml OR if you stick with cd'ing to /sdcard first, then it would just be cp eri.xml /data/eri.xml.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I dont know if anyone else is experiancing this with this build, but occasionally, I toy with the overclock. Every so often, doing this seems to screw up my Data file. It seems that I change it, sometimes during Android boot, it either stalls or reboots. This only happens occasionally and only when I mess around with the OC. When it does this, pretty much every app I have force closes and fails to work. The apps are all there, they just wont work correctly, or at all. The only way that I have fixed it in the past is to uninstall and reinstall the apps. Then everything continues to work fine.

The question I have is this, if I copy the data file only, before I mess with the OC, and when I end up having this error, can I just copy over the backed up Data file and replace the bad one? I always here that thats where the Apps are installed into the system, so I assume that this would be the only part that is "breaking". Am I right or is there more to it then that?

Last edited by machek; 08-03-2011 at 01:31 AM. Reason: added info
Old 08-03-2011, 01:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)

janusman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
I did a new data IMG - and it did fix the issues.. but only temporarily..

After 2-3 days - again - the same issues..
1. End button not working as home key/call button not routing to dialer..
2. Phone never locks
3. When I go into elevator/stairwell where there is no network - it usually searches for when I come back in range - which s not happening now. I forgot to list it in my previous post. I check the "airplane" mode and uncheck it in a min - the next sec I can see the signal on the top...

I wonder if these are one of those unlimited scenarios specific to my piece
Apart from this - I faced a new issue today...

The signal shows 2 points, data s working fine. But - am not able to receive calls. The caller can hear the ring for a couple of times and then it goes directly to voicemail..

The voicemail/missed call doesnt show up anywhere... Any knows issue - work around???
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
The question I have is this, if I copy the data file only, before I mess with the OC, and when I end up having this error, can I just copy over the backed up Data file and replace the bad one? I always here that thats where the Apps are installed into the system, so I assume that this would be the only part that is "breaking". Am I right or is there more to it then that?
I can't guarantee that will work, but it's certainly worth a shot. Titanium Backup is worth the $6 IMHO as well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
Apart from this - I faced a new issue today...

The signal shows 2 points, data s working fine. But - am not able to receive calls. The caller can hear the ring for a couple of times and then it goes directly to voicemail..

The voicemail/missed call doesnt show up anywhere... Any knows issue - work around???
hyc posted a new RIL.

Here's his post on xda-devs.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Or, to cut through the BS & save you 10 min screwing around searching for WTF the ril is... here is a better link:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [COMPLETED] New more stable ril

Which has this DL at the bottom... (removed the hyper link so hyper people don't b*tch.)
ril2-86dc5ed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (35.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

machek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I can't guarantee that will work, but it's certainly worth a shot. Titanium Backup is worth the $6 IMHO as well .

hyc posted a new RIL.

Here's his post on xda-devs.

Thanks for the reply, if it happens again, I'll try it and let you guys know.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

i had format my SD card with the HP tool worked for a complete day and now cant see my SD im using ASTRO file explore what the problem with that or what ?!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
i had format my SD card with the HP tool worked for a complete day and now cant see my SD im using ASTRO file explore what the problem with that or what ?!!
I had this happen to me a few times and the only thing that would get it to see the SD again was to reformat and start over.

Don't know if that's still the case, but when it happened to me that's what I had to do.

Last edited by matchstickredgti; 08-03-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)

janusman is a n00b

Oops.. I am sorry - totally new to RIL... Is there some turorial anywhere on how to use/install the a new RIL?

The date of the post is in March - so wont those fixes be integrated into the FRX07 files??

Last edited by janusman; 08-04-2011 at 03:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development