PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
thanks its beautiful..i have a question is the led light will stay red or its turn green?? and how is the battrey life will effect it if stays red?? thanks
pretty sure the faq and possibly the first post says this, but amber light means phone is not sleeping (ie data/processes). green light means phone is sleeping properly. if you are not seeing a green light your battery will drain much much quicker.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
pretty sure the faq and possibly the first post says this, but amber light means phone is not sleeping (ie data/processes). green light means phone is sleeping properly. if you are not seeing a green light your battery will drain much much quicker.
how i can make it go green the screen off but still red...thank you
Old 08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

Acey is a n00b

Quote:
how i can make it go green the screen off but still red...thank you
Disable "Use GPS Satellites" if you have it enabled in Settings - Location & Security.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

is there a way to make more than 65 free ram to use and make it faster
Old 08-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this one. I've been on the Neopeek side using the partition builds for a while, but I tried this one since yesterday and hasn't crashed once. I don't know if it's the new modules/zimage, but very stable. No FCs on anything or any random reboots. Great work devs, it's appreciated.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Don't know if it's the same as the previous builds, but I noticed there's no overclock line in the startup.txt. Add the line in you txt file and it should speed it up a little
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Download advanced task killer from the market. play with the settings to get it how you like it.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
Don't know if it's the same as the previous builds, but I noticed there's no overclock line in the startup.txt. Add the line in you txt file and it should speed it up a little
I'm not going to force an overclock on everyone... If you want to OC, it's in the FAQ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
Download advanced task killer from the market. play with the settings to get it how you like it.
I wouldn't recommend using any automatic task killers - they can (and will) kill apps without warning, and data loss will ensue.

There are some values in init.rc that determines when Android itself should start killing apps to free up memory - I haven't taken the time to investigate these settings and if it makes a difference, but I would look to using Android itself to manage apps - since FroYo, Google has told people to not use app killers!

I would be interested to see if mucking with some of those init.rc values help. Be very careful if you venture out into these waters on your own - there's many metrics, and some of them if tweaked too much can cause very bad side effects!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for such a great app !

I am a longtime WM user who knows very little about Android. I just installed XDAndroid dual-booting with WM to see if I like Android enough to jump platforms when my upgrade is due next July. So I'll be asking lots of questions

Well, some quick ones:

- Is it normal for the light to stay amber when the phone is charging ? I did turn off GPS satellites and the light is green when off / not connected.

- What is the battery life vs WM ? In WM I can easily go over a day on a charge with continuous moderate use (music, web, ActiveSync, apps, calls, no video).

- Is there a way to connect device to PC & browse content / copy files like in WM ? Better else, sync files ? Or do I have to take the card out all the time ?

- Is there a good free Word DOC or RTF document editor for Android ? I have many DOC files (project notes) that I use on my workstation & sync to WM. Using Google Docs to store business data in our company is discouraged. Also, any good free Excel application ?

Thanks !
Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
Thanks for such a great app !

I am a longtime WM user who knows very little about Android. I just installed XDAndroid dual-booting with WM to see if I like Android enough to jump platforms when my upgrade is due next July. So I'll be asking lots of questions

Well, some quick ones:

- Is it normal for the light to stay amber when the phone is charging ? I did turn off GPS satellites and the light is green when off / not connected.

- What is the battery life vs WM ? In WM I can easily go over a day on a charge with continuous moderate use (music, web, ActiveSync, apps, calls, no video).

- Is there a way to connect device to PC & browse content / copy files like in WM ? Better else, sync files ? Or do I have to take the card out all the time ?

- Is there a good free Word DOC or RTF document editor for Android ? I have many DOC files (project notes) that I use on my workstation & sync to WM. Using Google Docs to store business data in our company is discouraged. Also, any good free Excel application ?

Thanks !
- Yes, the light will be orange when it is charging.

- I have a bunch of stuff syncing so I get less life than most, but I can usually go from 8 am to 8pm, but just barely.

- Use the windows app droid explorer to get explorer-like file management

- The market has a search function, I'd recommend using it. I haven't tried to edit office documents on mine but a quick search turned up many possibilities.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development