PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Hi all. I just started messing around with tp2 droid again I used to follow Tiads android threads. I've been running this for a day now just had my first reboot but on a good note and for all you boost tp2 android users to get MMS working you need to set your APN to these settings.
Name:Android
APN:#777
Port:80
Server:Sprint
MMSC:mm.myboostmobile.com
MMS Port:80
MCC:310

Last edited by jcthelight; 09-07-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Is there a fix for the keyboard back light and speakerphone turns on when I make or receive a call? Thanks

Last edited by jcthelight; 09-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
Is there a fix for the keyboard back light and speakerphone turns on when I make or receive a call? Thanks
Flip speakerphone on/off. For keyboard backlight, disable auto brightness in Settings -> Display.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Flip speakerphone on/off. For keyboard backlight, disable auto brightness in Settings -> Display.
Thanks. Could you give me a refresher course on overclocking unless you don't recomend it.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
Thanks. Could you give me a refresher course on overclocking unless you don't recomend it.
See this thread for all my speed tips (including OC):

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html
Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

First - Kudos to everyone who contributed even in smallest possible way for this !!!

Fresh install (did not format SD card this time) - but did delete all the files except startup and calibration file.

Observed the following things.

1. When the mobile is set to vibrate mode - its not vibrating when I receive any call
2. I am able to call - but not always receive the call. I tried calling from my extn - it did not work for the first few times. I rebooted - and am getting the calls. - I had the same problem in the previous release - and I was told to update RIL. Hopefully it will get fixed this time.
3. I seldom see any signal on the top - its almost always is empty - But I can call/receive calls. The signal strength goes to 2 points sometimes and then comes back to zero immediately.
4. I don't see any orange LED when the phone s active (not sleep). I also do not see green LED (always) when the phone s sleep. It blinks rarely.
5. Google Maps updated itself and rebooted to android once I logged on to Market.

Will keep posted.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusman View Post
First - Kudos to everyone who contributed even in smallest possible way for this !!!

Fresh install (did not format SD card this time) - but did delete all the files except startup and calibration file.

Observed the following things.

1. When the mobile is set to vibrate mode - its not vibrating when I receive any call
2. I am able to call - but not always receive the call. I tried calling from my extn - it did not work for the first few times. I rebooted - and am getting the calls. - I had the same problem in the previous release - and I was told to update RIL. Hopefully it will get fixed this time.
3. I seldom see any signal on the top - its almost always is empty - But I can call/receive calls. The signal strength goes to 2 points sometimes and then comes back to zero immediately.
4. I don't see any orange LED when the phone s active (not sleep). I also do not see green LED (always) when the phone s sleep. It blinks rarely.
5. Google Maps updated itself and rebooted to android once I logged on to Market.

Will keep posted.
1. Do you mean silent mode? I have mine set to vibrate "Always", and it always vibrates.

2. I would try to update your radio firmware. I do not have this problem (although others have reported it, and to my knowledge no one has found a definitive answer. For some the solution was putting WinMo in airplane mode before booting Android, might try that as well. Others haven't been able to solve it at all...)

3. Signal will fluctuate. I typically have 2 bars in my office. In my buddy's house, I get 0 bars, with it randomly bliping. Keep in mind, the signal strength reading for 1xRTT is different from EVDO. So you'll get a different strength reading if it's flipping between those modes. The strength bar is much more accurate now tho...

4. Read the changelog. Userland notifications now control the LED.

5. That will happen. If the system hangs (for any reason) and it unavailable for a certain amount of time, killall zygote is called and you're back at the boot animation. It usually comes back in a good state for me (before it didn't) but some said they still have to reboot after this because the radio won't work. For whatever reason, it's now coming back in a good state for me.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fukxou is a n00b

I have noticed the battery meter is always about 10% higher in frx7.1 compared to what windows side is telling me. This is only an issue becuase when I find out that I am low on batteries in android my battery is just pretty much drained... anyone else notice the same thing?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukxou View Post
I have noticed the battery meter is always about 10% higher in frx7.1 compared to what windows side is telling me. This is only an issue becuase when I find out that I am low on batteries in android my battery is just pretty much drained... anyone else notice the same thing?
Yea, the battery meter is far from accurate in Android. I'm impressed it's only off by 10%... It likes to jump around a lot too.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: telkomsel

frostbitez is a n00b

greetings sir.. im still using FRX07.0 on my TP2 Sprint, (coz im still downloading the FRX07.1)..in FRX07.0 my bluetooth, camera,3,5mm jack, is working normally, but i have an issue with the applications from the market, mostly wont work (installation unsuccessfull), e.g : team viewer, angry birds, bunny shooter,live wallpapers and many others..does upgrading the FRX07 will make those apps to works?

thanks for ur time and sorry if i post at wrong thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development