PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Not sure... I guess the default one that came with the complete bundle.

How do you check?
Radio version has nothing to do whatsoever with Android. It's flashed onto the phone - 'stock' ROM's usually come with radio firmwares, but you should also be able to get it on its own... The radio firmware is completely OS-independent in other words. So whatever firmware for the radio you have flashed, the OS has to use that - whether it's Android, WinMo, or Ubuntu.

Thanks to hyc, we can now see the baseband version in Android (before you had to check radio ver in WinMo...)

So in Android -> Settings -> About Phone -> Baseband version. Look after the underscore - should say 2.32.00WF or something to that effect.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Radio version has nothing to do whatsoever with Android. It's flashed onto the phone - 'stock' ROM's usually come with radio firmwares, but you should also be able to get it on its own... The radio firmware is completely OS-independent in other words. So whatever firmware for the radio you have flashed, the OS has to use that - whether it's Android, WinMo, or Ubuntu.

Thanks to hyc, we can now see the baseband version in Android (before you had to check radio ver in WinMo...)

So in Android -> Settings -> About Phone -> Baseband version. Look after the underscore - should say 2.32.00WF or something to that effect.
It's 61.27W.25.23U_2.32.00WF

Hrmm for some reason it's working again, I think it might've been something in Accessibility messing with it, I disabled everything there and got sound again.

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 08-07-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: -edit- reason phone is working again...
Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
It's 61.27W.25.23U_2.32.00WF

Hrmm for some reason it's working again, I think it might've been something in Accessibility messing with it, I disabled everything there and got sound again.
I sent you down the radio version rabbit hole solely for the 'no service' condition. That's the newest radio (AFAIK), it's the one I'm on...

Glad it's working again, I hate it when crap magically starts working, cuz then I don't know why it broke in the first place!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I sent you down the radio version rabbit hole solely for the 'no service' condition. That's the newest radio (AFAIK), it's the one I'm on...

Glad it's working again, I hate it when crap magically starts working, cuz then I don't know why it broke in the first place!
Or when it magically stops working too! xD

Unless you're a glutton for punishment of troubleshooting 24/7. haha!

I'm almost tempted to play around with Accessibility to see if I can recreate the problem, then again I don't feel lucky and I'm enjoying dinner and a movie. LoL
Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I've been on Radio 2.37.00 WV since it came out. ... it's a verizon radio, works great on sprint.

Here's a link to it from the Energy ROM WIKI I put up.

DOWNLOAD

Give it a shot, tell me how you like it. Flash it like a ROM, you don't even have to back stuff up, although... always a good idea... and don't blame me if something happens... although I never have had an issue.

Last edited by teradog; 08-07-2011 at 10:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I've been on Radio 2.37.00 WV since it came out. ... it's a verizon radio, works great on sprint.

Here's a link to it from the Energy ROM WIKI I put up.

DOWNLOAD

Give it a shot, tell me how you like it. Flash it like a ROM, you don't even have to back stuff up, although... always a good idea... and don't blame me if something happens... although I never have had an issue.
Never thought to flash a VZ radio on mah Sprint phone/service... Interesting. Well, I'd like to think newer version = better, and if you say it works I'll give it a go. Thanks dude!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

So I ran into the problem once more and found real cause of it... If your phone reboots android with bluetooth still turned on in it, it gets hung up and never fully disconnects. Therefore causing no audio, so you have to turn bluetooth off and reboot again then turn bluetooth on again... Then ya got sound again when making a call.

Sent from my Tp2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 08-08-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
So I ran into the problem once more and found real cause of it... If your phone reboots android with bluetooth still turned on in it, it gets hung up and never fully disconnects. Therefore causing no audio, so you have to turn bluetooth off and reboot again then turn bluetooth on again... Then ya got sound again when making a call.

Sent from my Tp2 using Tapatalk
BT doesn't route audio correctly, so if you're trying to use a BT headset then you're asking for trouble... Seems the trouble you ran into in fact .

Until the new audio routing code is stable, BT headsets are not going to be useful.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

we can root the phone or its rooted ??
Old 08-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
we can root the phone or its rooted ??
Haven't I already answered this question for you?

The build comes rooted out of the box. It uses SU in order to grant apps root permissions - previously there was no layer of security here, every app was given root perms without question. Are you having an issue? If you would explain what you're trying to do and what issues you're having we might be able to help you...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development