View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

**this still works fine if you don't like xdandroid to show**
Put in your carrier name or put in something fun instead of the text "xdandroid" below.
  1. Open Notepad on computer
  2. Copy this: (highlight Ctrl C)
    MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE RED COLOR TEXT BELOW TO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SHOW
  3. <EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="1" EriFileType="1"><CallPromptId Id="0" CallPromptText="CallPromptId0" /> <CallPromptId Id="1" CallPromptText="CallPromptId1" /> <CallPromptId Id="2" CallPromptText="CallPromptId2" /> <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="1" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="XDAndroid" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" /> </EriFile>
  4. Save file as eri.xml
  5. ON TP2: Copy file to tp2 sdcard root dir
  6. Boot into XDAndroid on TP2: DL Android Terminal Emulator from market
  7. run it
  8. su
  9. cd /sdcard
  10. cp eri.xml /data/eri.xml
  11. backout & restart phone
**edit above**
Yea, thanks arrrghhh...(below).. one to many times copy & paste! Should be fixed above now.

(I actually use to keep my different eri.xml's in a folder /sdcard/andbootfrx06/data.. part of the mixup)

Also, for the noobs & lurkers... (not for you arrrghhh)
I'll restate this just because... /sdcard and /data are at the same level in root (superuser).

There are a lot of ways to copy a file, you could do all from root or change into the get dir or the target directory... just like in windows. Use cp instead of copy, su to get to the # from $ (super user), cd is the same (change dir).

Also, here is the link to the orig. post #163 in which I combined 2 other posts (original links included) to make the simple few steps above.

**edit 2**
re. the eri.xml file... you probably don't need most of the stuff in there anymore, but didn't seem to hurt anything by leaving the same as I used with frx06...

Last edited by teradog; 08-04-2011 at 11:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.