PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

21857 is good build.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hehe just get all 23052 sorted out and along comes 23053 thanks to tom condon at htcpedia http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406

Old 09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3nfr3ak View Post
hehe just get all 23052 sorted out and along comes 23053 thanks to tom condon at htcpedia http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406
...someone stop the madness!

Last edited by joojoobee666; 09-18-2009 at 09:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37

I agree with Conflipper!

Three new Titan/Mogul ROMs. Please read the last post I made in the thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...66&postcount=3

I currently have now service for my VZW TItan (I switched to Sprint). Instead of converting my VZW Titan to Sprint, I am trading mine for a Mogul to a fellow 'Geeks member that is on Verizon....works better all the way around. So, needless to say, I have not been able to test Data, GPS, or Call functions on the above ROMs. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

These are fresh out of the kitchen we have been working on. nueKernel, SpinLock, Auto-RecMod....and guess what....it's all out of bepe's newest style kitchen...Yes, we have nueKernel functioning 100% with BuildXIP.exe and PlatformRebuilder.exe. There is more testing to do prior to releasing these files. We are currently having issue building for COM4 and have to look into it more.

The list of folks to thank is extensive and included in the Credits in the Kitchen, but just to let eveyone know, I DID NOT get this going on my own and there are MANY members to thank for their input. This is our current Credits page:

Code:
Thank you for using the Force Developments Titan Kitchen.

This kitchen was custom built for the HTC Titan only. While users may
 modify this kitchen for grilling ROMS for other devices, it is not advised
 unless you have a great deal of experience under your belt. 

There are a large number of custom files that had to be written in order
 for this kitchen to build stabile ROMs for the HTC Titan. These files will most
 likely screw up any other device.

This kitchen was derived from bepe's base kitchen which can be found at:

http://www.darkforcesteam.com/showthread.php?p=3560

The donation link in this kitchen goes directly to bepe.
 If you would like to donate to any other individual that put their time and hard
 work into making this kitchen possible, please use the individual donate
 links that can be found in many of their signatures.

Credits:

A special thanks goes out to the following developers
 who worked very hard to make this kitchen possible.

*************************************************************************************
 *************************************************************************************
 ******[ bepe ]   [ ervius ]   [ AstainHellbring ]   [ JooJooBee666 ]   [ Da_G ]******
 ***[ ConFlipper ]   [ Tplane37 ]   [ Mattsm ]   [ Dan-HTC-Touch ]   [ btonetbone ]***
 *******[ l3v5y ]   [ no2chem ]   [ bbsandkim ]   [ Colonel00 ]   [ NexVision ]*******
 *******[ justpctech ]   [ Chainfire ]   [ Olipro ]   [ rainabba ]   [ cmonex ]*******

. . .and many others that I have yet to meet. When you see
 these folks. Stop and thank them. If it weren't for 
the help from these people, this kitchen would not 
have been possible.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

When I cook 23052, do I have to leave out any taskbar icons. I can't adjust the volume. The top dropdown is not there.

EDIT:
I cooked with no selection for taskbar icons and everything works fine.
Also, I noticed that the Force Development ROMs need High Mem Mode to boot past the first screen.

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!

Last edited by cac2us; 09-19-2009 at 01:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hermes, HTC Kaiser
Carrier: ATT

MAFoElffen is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to MAFoElffen Send a message via Skype™ to MAFoElffen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
No, these newer builds are 6.5.1. Windows 5.x, 6.1, 6.5 and 6.5.1 are based off of Windows CE 5.0 and use a kernel as such. Last I heard, Windows mobile 7 is going to be based off of Windows CE 6.0 and the devices will require an entirely different kernel as the changes between 5.0 and 6.0 are quite significant.
I know this subject was a week ago... but just caught up on this thread-today. This info is based from "my" sources and what they shared with me. (I've shared this with a few of you here.) I had to expand on this.

joojoobee is right on this on the "different" CE versions. To explain this further (what it means to us and where it's important changes lie)...

Basically, think of the differences of CE 5 and CE 6 as being like the differences of Windows XP and Windows Vista in the PC world! XP was written on older based code and extensions. Vista was written with a whole new code base, new object templates, extensions and modules- and it required (a minimum base) processor and hardware just to be "compatible." After it's release, all of a sudden, many existing PC's, hardware, peripherals and program's were NOT compatible for use with Vista...

M$ has two "separate" groups working on the "separate" developments of CE5 and CE6. They are not working together, but "are" working in the same framework for a simular "touch and feel" even though the codebase will be vastly different.

CE 6 is based on new code from the base up. Pulling from their legal founderings during the release of Vista (They were sued because all of a sudden, no one's driver's and interfaces worked!), M$ is writing it's own drivers and interfaces... And giving them out. Sounded as if M$ was going to take more (or total) control "over" CE6 in an attempt to protect themselves. That's how "different" it will be!

Looking at hardware... Even thought the Touch Pro 2 has a sticker on it saying that it will be "Upgradable to WM7", speculation now points that it may have been premature. The release OS is targeted for a "higher" minimum processor (than is in the TP2), which as of yet, the processor exists, but is only in test stages in prototype devices.

Do I think CE6 will work with older devices? Well, the test versions may, but as sone as they marry it over the new kernel, the odds on all bets on this are going to be pretty entertaining. Who knows- It's still mostly vaporware as of yet anyway.

My sources told me two weeks ago that a "Final Release" from M$ would be "soon"... so OCT 7 or so doesn't sound outlandish (but we'll see)... But I was told that's along CE 5 WM6.5.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

WM7 is based on CE OS 7, not CE OS 6,

any CDMA device that we have right now WILL NOT support WM7.

Needs to be Snapdragon chipset, or OMAP V3 or V4, no Qualcom chipset that is 7xxx series. they will not work with it at all.

Will they get hacked to work. NO

What will be needed? Bootloader, Kernal, XIP, everythingl. So that TP2 that you just bought last week. It will not run WM7 at all. and 6.5 End of Life is in February. So you have 5 months of upgrades on your new device.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjtvgeo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
WM7 is based on CE OS 7, not CE OS 6,

any CDMA device that we have right now WILL NOT support WM7.

Needs to be Snapdragon chipset, or OMAP V3 or V4, no Qualcom chipset that is 7xxx series. they will not work with it at all.

Will they get hacked to work. NO

What will be needed? Bootloader, Kernal, XIP, everythingl. So that TP2 that you just bought last week. It will not run WM7 at all. and 6.5 End of Life is in February. So you have 5 months of upgrades on your new device.

well said.. plain and simple and straight forward..
Old 09-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imate Kjam
Carrier: Globe,Smart,Sun

grinminded is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to grinminded
Thumbs up Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
PPCKitchen file for 23052 for the PPCK devs out there. The DPI's are all nice new ones from Da_G. All the rest of the notes apply. Also, MS changed some more stuff around, so if you are using custom icons and having problems, remove those first.

The XIP rar contains XIPs for the Apache, Herman, Kaiser, Titan, Victor and Vogue, all are spinlock patched except for the Apache.

SYS_23052_Common
http://www.4shared.com/file/13371001...52_Common.html

SYS_23052_192DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/13371077...2DPI_0409.html

SYS_23052_96DPI_0409
http://www.4shared.com/file/13371108...6DPI_0409.html

Warning! If these files are used in any other kitchen other than PPCKitchen, please be sure that you fix the file attributes BEFORE or DURING cooking, otherwise problems will ensue (see FIX here). I have attached the removed packages as well if you do use these in another kitchen.

Oh, and FYI. No 21857 for now, I didn't have time to work on it, but rest assured I will be.

Thanks again Da_G, you're the F'n man!

thank you jojo!
Old 09-19-2009, 04:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: elfin
Carrier: ccmc

chihliouma is just getting started

Hi there, can somebody kindly offer the SYS_21857_192DPI_0409 ? I ned the 480x800 (WVGA) one. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software