PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 08:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: eten x600
Carrier: tim

erickwill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
If you want to have your kitchen do this for you, you should configure your batch file to do it BEFORE the NBH is built. Alternatively, you can use the attached batch file on that post. Put it in your "Send To" folder for your user profile, then you can right click on your SYS folder and "Send To" that batch file.
Dear JooJoo,

Actually, my tool built a .DAT file and not a .NBH file. Should I configure the batch that create the .DAT file?
I have 2 main batch here files but I don't know which of them should I change, so I will paste here and I kindly ask your help to figure out about where I have to add your fixing lines.

Batch BuildOs.bat:
@echo off
SET ALL=1
del ROM\out.bin
del imgfs.bin
del xip.bin
rmdir /S /Q temp
echo.
echo Creating 'dump' folder...
TOOLS\BuildOS.exe -auto
echo.
echo Done!
REM ================================================== =========================================
echo.
CD ROM
..\TOOLS\buildxip.exe -b
if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error
CD..
REM ================================================== =========================================
echo.
TOOLS\G'Reloc.exe -doit -dump
if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error
echo.
TOOLS\all_packages_to_one
del buildpkg.wrn
cd temp
..\TOOLS\ImgfsFromDump ..\IN\imgfs.bin ..\imgfs.bin
cd ..
cd TOOLS
srpxtool.exe -c ..\IN\xip.srpx ..\ROM\out.bin ..\xip.bin
cd ..
pause
goto :EOF
:error
echo.
echo ERROR! (errorlevel: %errorlevel%)
pause

Batch CreateDat.bat:
java -classpath "etentool.jar" home.kva.FatTool -c -re -ri ROM/OS/os.fat
java -classpath "etentool.jar" home.kva.OsTool -c ROM/os.dat
java -classpath "etentool.jar" home.kva.RomTool -c temp_new.dat
pause
Exit

Please, help me.
Thx,

Erick

Last edited by erickwill; 09-16-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint RhodiumW (SIM/CID Unlocked), Titan, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Tplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuffTplane37 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Tplane37 Send a message via MSN to Tplane37 Send a message via Yahoo to Tplane37
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

I had a thought while sipping coffee, smoking a cigarette, and trying to figure out how to properly dump the bootloader off my Sprint Touch Pro2.

There are alot of developers in here working very hard on these new builds as they come out, the time put into this process it greatly appriciated. And then we have others who are following along very closely waiting for the chance to flash a ROM that one of these developers has put together for everyone to use. This post is directed at the members who have yet to acquire the knowledge to work with these builds but want to play a role in helping out.

This thread is extremely long, and has a LOT of useful information scattered throughout it. I was thinking the useful information and coding advice provided throughout should be compiled into a Wiki for ease of access to this information. But, I fully understand that the folks who have provided this valuable information and links does not have the time to continue the work they do and compile a Wiki for use later on. How about a few members who are waiting for the chance to help out, but don't have the knowledge to get down and dirty with the various files and fixes, step up and compile a Wiki.

Open up MS Word, go to the first page of this thread, and start taking notes from start to finish. Word will allow Hyperlinks to be copied to it for preservation of the links. Go through and take note of any useful information, then write up a Wiki. Once a Wiki is started, it can be edited and tweaked, but it is the first step of gathering the information and putting it all together that is going to take the time. Then, once it is posted, corrections can be made as needed.

What do you folks think? Do we have anyone who wants to step up to the plate and take this on? By the end of the 'project' I am willing to bet that whomever takes this on learns some very valuable information. This is a way to help out the Windows Mobile community without actually knowing the devices inside and out. Any thoughts to add to this? Or am I just wasting time and another post?

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Tplane, thats sounds like a fantastic idea!! I hope someone with some writing skills steps up to plate, I would do it but by the end of the wiki everyone would be so confused on what to do I would probably get crusafied!! LOL!!!!
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm having trouble with the touchpro wm6.5 nk.exe on ppck. Dumps of older roms gave you a .Rom and a .Vm folder that had a files named .VM and .ROM in them in addition to the imageinfo.bin and imageinfo.txt which newer rom dumps don't. Prior to the new kernel I had to use an older .Rom folder that had the .Rom file in it to get a booting rom. Can anyone explain these files functions as I can't find any info on them nor can I produce a booting rom in PPCK using the new kernel with the new .vm folder and an old .rom folder or the new .rom folder. I'm 100% sure thats the issue and not an issue with the xip nor the oem or sys. I'm also using WMrelocII for rebasing which is supposed to support the new wm6.5 nk.exe.

Edit found that those are from recmod being in the dump folder.

I am not convinced that the nk.exe is a wm6.5 build as the platform in s000 of nk.exe cleary shows wm616_21051\platform\raphael_c which is a wm6.1 build of 21051 and is clearly noted as wm61 build 21051 is aku 1.6.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 09-16-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Re SpinLocked WM6.5 nk.exe for CDMA Touch Pro - is there a consensus - is 6.5 faster or slower than 6.1? I am not having virtual memory troubles so I don't need 6.5 to solve that particular problem. If it doesn't solve others, I may stick with what works.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Hehehe, that's why I posted those reg settngs a few pages back. and the following lines to the end of the boot.rgu from the new OEMXIPKernel to fix the issue:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\LSOMACORE]
"Index"=dword:00000001
"Prefix"="DRM"
"Dll"="lsomacore.dll"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\LsFilter]
"Order"=dword:00000001
"Dll"="LSFILTER.dll"
If you need help with that let us know.
joojoobee

i checked before cooking to see if i had those settings and i do, but i am still having the changing ringtone issue. could it have anything to do with switching to the 6.5 native kernel? when i switched i just replaced the OEMXIPKernel in my kitchen and not the payload file. I am using VK btw
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
joojoobee

i checked before cooking to see if i had those settings and i do, but i am still having the changing ringtone issue. could it have anything to do with switching to the 6.5 native kernel? when i switched i just replaced the OEMXIPKernel in my kitchen and not the payload file. I am using VK btw
I had ringtone issue when I did not recmod browsingie files using a non-native nk.exe.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
I'm having trouble with the touchpro wm6.5 nk.exe on ppck. Dumps of older roms gave you a .Rom and a .Vm folder that had a files named .VM and .ROM in them in addition to the imageinfo.bin and imageinfo.txt which newer rom dumps don't. Prior to the new kernel I had to use an older .Rom folder that had the .Rom file in it to get a booting rom. Can anyone explain these files functions as I can't find any info on them nor can I produce a booting rom in PPCK using the new kernel with the new .vm folder and an old .rom folder or the new .rom folder. I'm 100% sure thats the issue and not an issue with the xip nor the oem or sys. I'm also using WMrelocII for rebasing which is supposed to support the new wm6.5 nk.exe.

Edit found that those are from recmod being in the dump folder.

I am not convinced that the nk.exe is a wm6.5 build as the platform in s000 of nk.exe cleary shows wm616_21051\platform\raphael_c which is a wm6.1 build of 21051 and is clearly noted as wm61 build 21051 is aku 1.6.
Well, first off, I can verify 100% that WMReloc_II will result in a non-booter. The .VM and .ROM from Da_G's Kernel files are what I used in ppck. The .ROM, though I believe is only 6.5 specific and tells WMreloc what slots are availabe where and where they start (not 100%, I'd have to go back and check). The imageinfo.txt files are NOT needed for PPCK (or most other kitchens to my knowledge), just the imageinfo.bin

After rejiggereing all the config files to make sure that A) the buid was flagged as a WM6.5 rom and B) build log stated that WMReloc 1.01 was used (this is what the WMReloc_6.5.exe says, this is the one that works), I was able to boot up my Touch Pro with the native kernel XIP I made for 23049 with NO files recmoddd in a SYS Common I made.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 09-16-2009 at 10:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickwill View Post
Dear JooJoo,

Actually, my tool built a .DAT file and not a .NBH file. Should I configure the batch that create the .DAT file?
I have 2 main batch here files but I don't know which of them should I change, so I will paste here and I kindly ask your help to figure out about where I have to add your fixing lines...
Probably need to put the attrib stuff after the following line:

TOOLS\BuildOS.exe -auto
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hermes
Carrier: mobiphone

minh is a n00b

joojoo thank for release dpi 96 build 23412, you are a great man