View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 AM
joojoobee666
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
I'm having trouble with the touchpro wm6.5 nk.exe on ppck. Dumps of older roms gave you a .Rom and a .Vm folder that had a files named .VM and .ROM in them in addition to the imageinfo.bin and imageinfo.txt which newer rom dumps don't. Prior to the new kernel I had to use an older .Rom folder that had the .Rom file in it to get a booting rom. Can anyone explain these files functions as I can't find any info on them nor can I produce a booting rom in PPCK using the new kernel with the new .vm folder and an old .rom folder or the new .rom folder. I'm 100% sure thats the issue and not an issue with the xip nor the oem or sys. I'm also using WMrelocII for rebasing which is supposed to support the new wm6.5 nk.exe.

Edit found that those are from recmod being in the dump folder.

I am not convinced that the nk.exe is a wm6.5 build as the platform in s000 of nk.exe cleary shows wm616_21051\platform\raphael_c which is a wm6.1 build of 21051 and is clearly noted as wm61 build 21051 is aku 1.6.
Well, first off, I can verify 100% that WMReloc_II will result in a non-booter. The .VM and .ROM from Da_G's Kernel files are what I used in ppck. The .ROM, though I believe is only 6.5 specific and tells WMreloc what slots are availabe where and where they start (not 100%, I'd have to go back and check). The imageinfo.txt files are NOT needed for PPCK (or most other kitchens to my knowledge), just the imageinfo.bin

After rejiggereing all the config files to make sure that A) the buid was flagged as a WM6.5 rom and B) build log stated that WMReloc 1.01 was used (this is what the WMReloc_6.5.exe says, this is the one that works), I was able to boot up my Touch Pro with the native kernel XIP I made for 23049 with NO files recmoddd in a SYS Common I made.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 09-16-2009 at 10:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.