PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
Guys some chefs back at our Gene forum are reporting that when they are using manilla or spb mobile shell instead of titanium, GWES is not hogging memory. They are still getting around 19 MB memory free with titanium disabled with two days of heavy usage while with titanium, it reduces to around 8-9 MB, or worse.

And it can be true since GWES is responsible for some or all (i don't know exactly what) handling of the GUI system, so it can happen that Titanium is causing the memory leaks (may be due to some faulty plugins or whatever) and the blame is going all on GWES since titanium doesn't have any executable i suppose, Today plugins run off DLLs right?

Can anybody confirm this issue and/or throw some light on it?
I remember somebody else also identifying that using the default Start Menu causes the RAM usage to go up...and up...and up. Someone here, a few weeks back, used something in it's place (i.e. another program to give the same functionality) and didn't have the leaks either.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-25-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
I remember somebody else also identifying that using the default Start Menu causes the RAM usage to go up...and up...and up. Someone here, a few weeks back, used something in it's place (i.e. another program to give the same functionality) and didn't have the leaks either.
I have noticed this also... I just started using windows default more, for I have always used M2D. After about 24 hours of up time my gwes.exe is up to 9.57M. After a soft reset it is only 3.27M. I never noticed this with M2d.
Sounds to me their is a memory leak coming from the today screen.
I'm running SYS 21815.
I have only a weather plug in, Time, and Calender selected for display on the windows default screen.
(I still use M2D with MastSogo MC to switch back and fourth)
Old 06-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: none

cyclon1978 is a n00b

Injecting XIP (Titan_21819.enc.bin).

I took a clean Kitchen and does the changes again, all works fine. Must have misspelled the filename somehow...

Thank you very much! Now i'll try to be creative...
Old 06-25-2009, 01:01 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yep, that's the way it came from Da_G.

Qoute from Da_G "...also xip is 21819, this is not a mistake "

That first number there is pulled from the XIP hence the disparity you see.

I ported directly from Da G's kitchen.

No 21819 shown for me.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

it's showing 21819 fine for me, thanks again joojoo!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
I ported directly from Da G's kitchen.

No 21819 shown for me.
Are you sure you included the "723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm" file? That is where the XIP version comes from (anyone may feel free to correct me if I am wrong). I have never tried to make a XIP without it, but I guess it could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
it's showing 21819 fine for me, thanks again joojoo!
No problem
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:56 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I would assume. I'll go back and check the temp files, but I didnt manually port it, I used xip kitchen.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:08 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
I would assume. I'll go back and check the temp files, but I didnt manually port it, I used xip kitchen.
What did you use for a donor XIP?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
Is anyone else having troubles downloading the Common files?
I downloaded the other files with no problem?
Keeps saying it has timed out?
Thanks all for all your time and effort!
Update:
Link are working again! Must have been a server Issue.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
The Pusher

Quote:
What did you use for a donor XIP?
I downloaded Da G's kitchen, created a rom, and took it from the temp directory. Want me to upload it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software