View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 AM
joojoobee666
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology View Post
Guys some chefs back at our Gene forum are reporting that when they are using manilla or spb mobile shell instead of titanium, GWES is not hogging memory. They are still getting around 19 MB memory free with titanium disabled with two days of heavy usage while with titanium, it reduces to around 8-9 MB, or worse.

And it can be true since GWES is responsible for some or all (i don't know exactly what) handling of the GUI system, so it can happen that Titanium is causing the memory leaks (may be due to some faulty plugins or whatever) and the blame is going all on GWES since titanium doesn't have any executable i suppose, Today plugins run off DLLs right?

Can anybody confirm this issue and/or throw some light on it?
I remember somebody else also identifying that using the default Start Menu causes the RAM usage to go up...and up...and up. Someone here, a few weeks back, used something in it's place (i.e. another program to give the same functionality) and didn't have the leaks either.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-25-2009 at 11:00 AM.