PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G View Post
I posted 21820 over at xda from my cell lol

btw, gwes and shell32 are both core components of the ui, so they will need to be optimized as more extensibility is added, i think we'll see improvements here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Thanks for the goods, downloading now. I surely do hope to see improvements soon with the memory leaks. Are you saying the memory leaks are happeneing to you, too? If so, I fail to understand how they could have rtm'd with these conditions. (unless of course it's because of the crappy 6.1 kernel I am forced to use...)
Well optimistically thinking, i too feel this. But the leaks are there since all the past builds and it worsens if i use the new lock screen. after a day of use free memory drops to 7-8 MB and apps start to close on their own, it becomes impossible to run two apps at once, the most annoying being close down of audio manager when audio booster is started. This is what hurts me. Battery life is much much longer in 6.5, but memory hogging is something i am yet to be able to deal with.

NK.exe must not be the reason i think, the problem that it can cause is already rectified using recmodded modules. Its not responsible for leaks of other programs.

If it happens if just like da_g says, then it will be really good coz at start i get around 23 MB and if it can remain at 20 or so, it would become very usable.
Compare that to 6.1 build 21051 that i am using right now, phone runs blazingly fast, ram is 32 Mb at start and constant 28.7 mb all the time even after running for 3 days. GWES stays at 2.2 MB and shell32 at 1.something MB.But battery life suffers a bit, its almost a quater less.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:39 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xda2_haseeb View Post
I tired your files and im having a problem, the problem is the About shows:

CE OS 5.2.21819 (Build 21820.5.0.40)

Any ideas why is it showing 21819 instead of 21820?? I also tried XIP from Da_G's Kitchen according to me this is a XIP problem or maybe im wrong, it could also be a SYS problem, so plz do tell me, THNX
Yep, that's the way it came from Da_G.

Qoute from Da_G "...also xip is 21819, this is not a mistake "

That first number there is pulled from the XIP hence the disparity you see.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:40 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
is there a difference if the I extract the xip from the os.nb.payload on a x64 bit system instead of a 32bit?
There should NOT be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3nfr3ak View Post
joojoobeebee666 i was have trouble with my own port so i tried yours(vogue) and it shows 21815
Was that from the XIP I posted? If it was...whoops. I will fix it in a bit.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-25-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
There should NOT be.

Was that from the XIP I posted? If it was...whoops. I will fix it in a bit.
ok thanks,

can anyone point me in the right direction to get instructions on how to maunally add msxipkernel to xip.bin please
Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3nfr3ak View Post
ok thanks,

can anyone point me in the right direction to get instructions on how to maunally add msxipkernel to xip.bin please
The new XIP I made is byte-for-byte identical to the first one I ported, so I believe you may have just cooked in the wrong XIP. As far as the right direction? Here ->http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=438676 You will need to learn how to manually port.

You need to dump your xip, then delete all your MSIXIPKernel files in both the MODULES and FILES folders (except for the text files in the root of the MSIXIPKernel folders). Copy the new files in MINUS what your XIP didn't have already (i.e. hd.dll, or osaxst0.dll since you don't need anyhow), then fix the overlaps (trust me, you will have overlaps).

Last edited by joojoobee666; 06-25-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Is anyone else having troubles downloading the Common files?
I downloaded the other files with no problem?
Keeps saying it has timed out?
Thanks all for all your time and effort!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch HD
Carrier: Simyo

RideTheTube is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to RideTheTube Send a message via Skype™ to RideTheTube

yap, same prob here, maybe server probs.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: none

cyclon1978 is a n00b

i tried to get ppckitchen running and succeeded... but i have realized that the kitchen didnt really use or need the titan_21819_xip. I dont want to flash the result...

i used the main kitchen (not the DevFiles.Unsupported) and all seems fine - but the referenced xip is not required (building should fail without it in my opinion)

Maybe someone can give me a hint? I used all files from joojoobee666.

Please help
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

Guys some chefs back at our Gene forum are reporting that when they are using manilla or spb mobile shell instead of titanium, GWES is not hogging memory. They are still getting around 19 MB memory free with titanium disabled with two days of heavy usage while with titanium, it reduces to around 8-9 MB, or worse.

And it can be true since GWES is responsible for some or all (i don't know exactly what) handling of the GUI system, so it can happen that Titanium is causing the memory leaks (may be due to some faulty plugins or whatever) and the blame is going all on GWES since titanium doesn't have any executable i suppose, Today plugins run off DLLs right?

Can anybody confirm this issue and/or throw some light on it?

Last edited by krazy_about_technology; 06-25-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:14 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclon1978 View Post
i tried to get ppckitchen running and succeeded... but i have realized that the kitchen didnt really use or need the titan_21819_xip. I dont want to flash the result...

i used the main kitchen (not the DevFiles.Unsupported) and all seems fine - but the referenced xip is not required (building should fail without it in my opinion)

Maybe someone can give me a hint? I used all files from joojoobee666.

Please help
You need to edit your Titan_WM6.1.txt file. Add a line such as this:

XipFilename=Titan,WM6.5_21820,Titan_21819_xip.bin

Make sure your BuildBase file reflects the "WM6.5_21820" in the BuildID line and add the 21819 xip to the Titan_Core.rar where the rest of the XIP's are.

Do NOT flash without the XIP, unless of course you don't want it to boot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software