View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 06:35 AM
krazy_about_technology
PPCGeeks Regular

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G View Post
I posted 21820 over at xda from my cell lol

btw, gwes and shell32 are both core components of the ui, so they will need to be optimized as more extensibility is added, i think we'll see improvements here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Thanks for the goods, downloading now. I surely do hope to see improvements soon with the memory leaks. Are you saying the memory leaks are happeneing to you, too? If so, I fail to understand how they could have rtm'd with these conditions. (unless of course it's because of the crappy 6.1 kernel I am forced to use...)
Well optimistically thinking, i too feel this. But the leaks are there since all the past builds and it worsens if i use the new lock screen. after a day of use free memory drops to 7-8 MB and apps start to close on their own, it becomes impossible to run two apps at once, the most annoying being close down of audio manager when audio booster is started. This is what hurts me. Battery life is much much longer in 6.5, but memory hogging is something i am yet to be able to deal with.

NK.exe must not be the reason i think, the problem that it can cause is already rectified using recmodded modules. Its not responsible for leaks of other programs.

If it happens if just like da_g says, then it will be really good coz at start i get around 23 MB and if it can remain at 20 or so, it would become very usable.
Compare that to 6.1 build 21051 that i am using right now, phone runs blazingly fast, ram is 32 Mb at start and constant 28.7 mb all the time even after running for 3 days. GWES stays at 2.2 MB and shell32 at 1.something MB.But battery life suffers a bit, its almost a quater less.
This post has been thanked 1 times.