PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Thank you sir. I found one issue with the sys and not sure what file/s are missing. On pop up dialogs there is a gradiant in the background around the text and icon (if pop up dialog has icon) No big deal. Also when confirming yes no blah blah the dark gray on the buttons does not exist. Its just white with black text. Besides that it works fine.

Hmmm... I haven't seen this on my TP yet, but I've only had it going for a few hours

I created the file set by doing a SYSver on Inda's 21815 SYS, and using the newer modules to replace the ones in Calk's 21812, etc. I used WinMerge to do the diff. I probably could do a diff against Calk's 21812 now and possibly find if anything is missing, and let you know if I find this true and re-up the download.

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Exclamation Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
FYI, to all those with grey color issue (most of us here it would appear), I decided to try and focus in the actual issue. I used the default reg hive from 21812 and the problem is still there. Next is to narrow down if any SYS base RGU is the issue. Also, a completely clean ROM does not exhibit this issue. Maybe this is already known? Also, has anyone tried to cook with the 21812 DPI files instead?
Trying this as I write... will let you know.

Update: NG on this using Calk's kitchen.

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 06-19-2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Tried module reversion for "Grey" issue
Old 06-19-2009, 12:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 8925-AT&T TILT
Carrier: T-mobile

pyrorob is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to pyrorob Send a message via MSN to pyrorob Send a message via Yahoo to pyrorob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Ensure you have the registry key for "LSOMACORE" in your XIP's boot.rgu. Just search this thread for the key mentioned.
DUDE! thank you ive been pulling my hair out trying to fix this, you hit it right on the head
Old 06-19-2009, 12:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: P525
Carrier: *****

AndrewSh is keeping up the good workAndrewSh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrorob View Post
anyone having problems changing ringtones with 21815?
It's possibly not 21815 specific issue. I faced that problem several times on different builds. Not enough virtual memory. Check the memory map. Find the address of the last module in SLOT 0. Should be max 0x01À00000 (recommended). If you don't want to check everything - just recmode some modules and that's it.

Last edited by AndrewSh; 06-19-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Hmmm... I haven't seen this on my TP yet, but I've only had it going for a few hours

I created the file set by doing a SYSver on Inda's 21815 SYS, and using the newer modules to replace the ones in Calk's 21812, etc. I used WinMerge to do the diff. I probably could do a diff against Calk's 21812 now and possibly find if anything is missing, and let you know if I find this true and re-up the download.

Ahh, well, I will play with Inda's sys tomorrow and see what I come up with. I have mixed with Calk and Inda's before and never saw this issue. Strange, but hey, it works =)
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali3nfr3ak View Post
check your device base and build base files to see if there are pointing to the right files as Lmiller1708 did
Yep, I guess that was it. My first new build of a new build of WM 6.5 (1st time creating one from PPCkitchen with a non supported build). Too bad it only had 11mb free on startup and kind of crappy but, it's a 1st...

I guess I keep reading to figure it all out....back to another rom till my replacement phone comes back in a day or 2...(gota flash back to stock)

Thank you for everyone here for providing these builds and helping ! It's been a battle but, I made it !!!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Ahh, well, I will play with Inda's sys tomorrow and see what I come up with. I have mixed with Calk and Inda's before and never saw this issue. Strange, but hey, it works =)
Post a couple screens so I can see what UR seeing... I'm doing the diff soon.

Update: The diff showed nothing missing, so I'm at a lose here. Possibly could be related to the "grey" issue we've been seeing, but it's root cause is elusive so far. Screens if U can.

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 06-19-2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Update results
Old 06-19-2009, 04:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Post a couple screens so I can see what UR seeing... I'm doing the diff soon.

Update: The diff showed nothing missing, so I'm at a lose here. Possibly could be related to the "grey" issue we've been seeing, but it's root cause is elusive so far. Screens if U can.
Sure Here you go:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (11.5 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (14.4 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (9.1 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (16.7 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mikee4fun; 06-19-2009 at 04:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: Telecom NZ

ali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on repali3nfr3ak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Yep, I guess that was it. My first new build of a new build of WM 6.5 (1st time creating one from PPCkitchen with a non supported build). Too bad it only had 11mb free on startup and kind of crappy but, it's a 1st...

I guess I keep reading to figure it all out....back to another rom till my replacement phone comes back in a day or 2...(gota flash back to stock)

Thank you for everyone here for providing these builds and helping ! It's been a battle but, I made it !!!
hey its good that u got it all sorted, dont forgot that we all started off at where u are, im no great cook by any means, i just cook for myself as telecom nz roms are not really in great demand lol , but just play thats the best way to learn, good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Sure Here you go:

K, I see now, and yes I have the same on mine too. I do think it's related to the "grey" issue we've all been experiencing. MS apparently changed something in this build that causes this, as has been suggested by a few members here. No one knows what the root cause is yet.

I don't use Manilla, so anything in that area, I couldn't really help with.

Enjoy the build and let me know if any other issues arise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software