PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: o2 CZ

anryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuffanryl knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to anryl Send a message via MSN to anryl
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Do you think it's possible to actually just REDUCE the GPU's assigned RAM from 64 to 32?
i'm not so good in ida pro analyzing so dont know cmonex would be the better shot to ask
Old 05-07-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Well you can simply replace all LANG_0804 folders with the LANG_0409 from 21215 (use the Windows search button on the folder to find them quickly).

Do the same for the DPI_192 folders if you wish to convert to QVGA (DPI_96).
Think I'm almost there, but I have no .ROM folder. Do I just grab this from a previous build? If not, how do I create/obtain it?

EDIT: Just grabbed it from another SYS_21222_Common and cooked. Looks like I still have a no-booter. One of my OEMs must be conflicting because I can't see going through this many combinations and not getting one bootable ROM out of all these SYS/XIP combos.

Last edited by rainabba; 05-07-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
I'll give that a try. I assumed there would be more to it still (.VM or .ROM folder modifications).
I'm not sure, I never work with .VM or .ROM folders because my Bepe kitchen does all that for me.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Think I'm almost there, but I have no .ROM folder. Do I just grab this from a previous build? If not, how do I create/obtain it?

EDIT: Just grabbed it from another SYS_21222_Common and cooked. Looks like I still have a no-booter. One of my OEMs must be conflicting because I can't see going through this many combinations and not getting one bootable ROM out of all these SYS/XIP combos.
Yes grab from a previous build, okay you already did but you can't just use any .VM folder. This is device specific and necessary for porting the SYS to your device. So for the .VM replace it with one from your working SYS of any previous build. This explains why your rom wasn't booting. The .ROM folder isn't device specific, so no issues with that.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anryl View Post
i'm not so good in ida pro analyzing so dont know cmonex would be the better shot to ask
What's the best way to get her attention? I think this could help all the poor Touch Pro VZW users like me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Could you elaborate, please? What's coming? What files do you use and how do you integrate them into the Kitchen? Is there something that tells how to do this?
http://ppckitchen.org/Downloads/DevFiles.Unsupported.

As a general statement, if you don't know and can't figure out how to apply these files, you probably shouldn't be trying to use them. That being said, here are the short form directions for what's there right now:

Update to current revs using updater.
Replace your projects/groups dir with the one provided.
Replace the same named files in your buildos dir with the ones provided.
Replace the same or similarly named files in your kitchens dir with the ones provided.
**You probably don't need all the .rars in kitchens. Please don't waste our bandwith**

These files WILL BREAK all existing projects you might have saved. On the plus side, it's easy to fix them. Compare to a new project file to see what you need to do. If you can't figure it out, you lack minimum skills: delete everything, reinstall buildos.msi, and wait for a regular release.

Quote:
PPCKitchen includes an 'Updater' application that runs silently (unless there are updates available) each time you launch it (PPCBuildOS.exe that is). Tonight new updates will be added and once they are, you'll get a notification telling you. You just go check the boxes for the ones you want and follow the onscreen directions. From there you either start a new project, or copy your old selections file and edit it to use the new base.
Um, no. Not for this. That's for stuff that's much more stable/tested. If one wants to live on the edge, one needs to have some basic skills. Having to manually install these files is more or less a test of those skills.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Exclamation Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:

Try this:

Here's a fully working 21222 SYS/ROM I reconfigured for Calk's kitchen, but it should work with others that are similar. It works perfect w/YouTube, etc. I don't really see much difference in perf. over 21502, and in fact, memory management seems slightly worse. Of course this varies from device to device as we have all seen, so knock yourself out nonetheless and please report back your findings for the community.

You must replace the folders and not touch ANY files in them. I simply rename my original SYS to SYS.21xxx and original ROM to ROM.21xxx.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y3mzawz1ztd

Known Issues:

For proper battery icon display, just adjust Settings/Clocks & Alarms/More and uncheck the "Display the clock.." check-box.

For 3-column Start Menu, use this:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2rnz2nzz0gm/6.5 - 3 column start menu.cab

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 05-08-2009 at 10:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mettercomputers is keeping up the good workmettercomputers is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post

As a general statement, if you don't know and can't figure out how to apply these files, you probably shouldn't be trying to use them. That being said, here are the short form directions for what's there right now:

Replace the same or similarly named files in your kitchens dir with the ones provided.
**You probably don't need all the .rars in kitchens. Please don't waste our bandwith**

These files WILL BREAK all existing projects you might have saved. On the plus side, it's easy to fix them. Compare to a new project file to see what you need to do. If you can't figure it out, you lack minimum skills: delete everything, reinstall buildos.msi, and wait for a regular release.

Um, no. Not for this. That's for stuff that's much more stable/tested. If one wants to live on the edge, one needs to have some basic skills. Having to manually install these files is more or less a test of those skills.
thanks did yry these but now I get login expired and it closes????????
Current ROM 21914 Sense 2.5.2016
Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettercomputers View Post
thanks did yry these but now I get login expired and it closes????????
Ooops. Fixed. I guess it helps when using cut-n-paste to actually cut the right thing. Just run it again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

corey1138 is keeping up the good workcorey1138 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to corey1138 Send a message via Yahoo to corey1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post

Should Titan_Core.rar have Titan_21222.enc.BIN in it? Or does 21222 use the 21215 xip?

ipaq2200 - ipaq4100 - ipaqhx2110(wm6.5) - dell axim v3 - motoQ - i760 - xv6800 PPCK 23081

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software