PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

BTW the new shipped ROM for Topaz is actually 6.1.. I just extracted it....

SYS is a mix of 21041 and 21042.

Nothing to see here.. move right along

Last edited by dsi76; 05-11-2009 at 01:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Love; HTC Touch Diamond

Zecanilis is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
As a general rule, a new Diamond2 shipped ROM doesn't necessarily mean it's WM6.5
Wasn't this the oficial release date from microsoft to the manufacters, and not the official release to users? I think that the release date for users is only at the end of the year or so.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

and i still have 22mins left on the DL... lol

thanks for the info
Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecanilis View Post
Wasn't this the oficial release date from microsoft to the manufacters, and not the official release to users? I think that the release date for users is only at the end of the year or so.
Exactly.. I don't know why a user was quick to assume that a shipped ROM released on May 11 is automatically going to be WM6.5.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Exactly.. I don't know why a user was quick to assume that a shipped ROM released on May 11 is automatically going to be WM6.5.
If MS were watching all of these, they surely must have had a good laugh at us. Btw what is wrong with us, 21222 is not a week in our hands and we are running crazy over a phantom release. I think we need to have a good laugh at ourselves, the more humour we put into this, the less painful those precious wasted hours downloading and getting worked up over a fake would be. Consolation is, 21222 is running stable, and God help us, there will be more leaks.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post
I've had no luck anywhere else so far (can't even get PPCK to build 21222 for me at this point).
Oops, sorry rainabba. Found the issue you were having. joojoobee666, it's the same issue you (and most everyone else) have.

Last edited by gguruusa; 05-11-2009 at 04:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Oops, sorry rainabba. Found the issue you were having. joojoobee666, it's the same issue you (and most everyone else) have.
You mean to say that I might be capable of reading and following directions after all?!

The solution isn't one directly within our control? We're waiting for something from you?

Thank's for the acknowledgment. I was actually trying AGAIN to set things up as you posted this. Guess I'll hold off for now.

For those who aren't familiar, the reference in the previous post is to difficulties implementing the recent DevFiles for PPCK located here.

Last edited by rainabba; 05-11-2009 at 04:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
If you were to ask me, I'd say that you all need to chill out. Too many useless posts on here right now. You all KNOW that the heavy lifters here will get their hands on the official release and port it ASAP IF there is one to port and IF it's worth the trouble. All the "my download is slow" posts are particularly silly. I'm not saying we should sit and rely on a few, but if the alternative is spamming up the thread and competing for bandwidth (ROM downloads) that the pros need, then the attempt to help is somewhat self-defeating.

Just my opinion. If you feel the need to voice disagreement (or hell, even agreement), please PM me and don't spam up the thread further (otherwise this post becomes very contradictory).
I don't think that's necessary to call people silly for actually going to the trouble to help people in the community. I mean come on, it's not like you guys who talk about PPCKitchen half the time, and 75% of people don't care *ducks*

This morning, someone here publicly announced a new shipped 6.5 Topaz ROM, and then someone else mentioned the Chinese link for a 21536 ROM (which turned out to be a fake of 21222). So what would you want -- A large mass of people wasting their time downloading and then ultimately being disappointed, or a couple of folks verifying the claims and telling people to ignore them and move on?

You know what IS spam? It's the ones where people go "What is this?" "Is this really 6.5?" without even trying it themselves. Or the people who ridicule others for their efforts.

Anyways, sorry if my rant offended anyone, but I spent a significant portion of time on this and was frustrated with the outcome, but at least it gave a heads-up to others... right?
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
You mean to say that I might be capable of reading and following directions after all?!
I'm just as shocked as you are.

Updated files are up, for those who want them.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

any sign of the 6.5 sdk yet? I have found nothing
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software