PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Lurker

Jerkules is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS-Chat by Vito Technologies Threaded SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
I've been using 1.1 since it's been available and the notification issue is NOT fixed on my xv6800. The only way I can reliably get notifications of incoming text messages 100% of the time is :

1. Back out to the "chats" overview screen, hit the menu button, then hit the minimize button. (note : this HAS to be done from the "main" screen, minimizing from inside a "chat" results in potluck notifications as well.. I MUST back out to the main screen and minimize from there)

OR

2. Close SMS-Chat between each text message.

If I switch to other application via start menu or a hardware key without manually minimizing SMS-Chat, it's completely random whether or not I will get a notification tone when a new text comes in. Heck I've had at chat session open on the screen when a new SMS comes in, it will pop up in the chat and I will get no tone at all.

I seriously think that SMS-Chat somehow marks the SMS messages as "read" too quickly.. sometimes the system just doesn't have time to recognize a new message. The only way to guarantee it gets noticed is to minimize SMS-Chat so it doesnt auto-read the new incoming messages.

Love the program.. wish this problem would go away

Oh yeah and the softkeys still don't work like they used to in previous versions of the app. PLEEEEASE restore the ability to hit the right softkey to "send" and the left softkey to go back to the overview screen
I seem to have the same type of issue. I get the hit or miss notifications. I think that the app is great so far...but I need to have my notifications consistant.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900 Verizon

draconis4756 is a n00b

WHenever i try to install it, it never adds to my list of programs to send to my phone. the only way i can get a program through the phone. how can i fix this?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dooper is a n00b

When the hell is there going to be a new update?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Couple of things I noticed with SMS-Chat since after the WM 6.1 upgrade:

1. If you edit your any of your contacts SMS-CHat (or the other VITO app I use Eye Photo) will not start, will need to do a soft reset (actually it's been like that even before the WM 6.1 update).

2. Before, if a txt message had a phone number or URL in it, if you brought up the "options" menu for the message there would be the choice to "call number" or "go to URL". Now you basically have to use the stylus to make sure you click exactly on the number or URL.

3. When somebody send me a pic, clicking the link to take you to the sprint pic site to see the pic, a message says "user has deleted the album". Yet if you click that very same link from the default txt messaging app, it goes to it just fine.

I have sent VITO Technologies e-mails about the multiple times, and NEVER have gotten any type of response.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

DAE_JA_VOO is a n00b

Are the notifications STILL a problem?!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

I have not had a problem with the notifications at all since I have been using SMS-Chat.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

I have the same problem with SMS-Chat that you do. I hate the fact that they switched the contacts display from first/last name, now to last/first name. Also, if they support emoticons, why not add emoticons to the software templates. Why do we have to type in and try to figure out what emoticons are supported by the software. I don't understand this. I sent an email to vito tech support about a week ago concerning these two issues and have yet to receive a response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Newbie here - found this forum on a search. Why did they change the first name / last name thing! That's incredibly stupid - all mine are set specifically in the appropriate field to be first / last, and they chose to reverse the lot in 1.1!

I'm actually gonna ask for my money back if they don't fix this quick... especially since 1.05 isn't available any more!

Grrr. Sorry to have an angry first post!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

If you're having trouble downloading the software over the air, what you can do is download the .cab file to your 'puter and then email the .cab file to yourself. This way you can open the attachment from the email on your phone and load it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconis4756 View Post
WHenever i try to install it, it never adds to my list of programs to send to my phone. the only way i can get a program through the phone. how can i fix this?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I'm running version 1.1 and I'm not having any problems with the notifications. What I do have a problem with is having to tap the text prompt on the screen each time I get ready to type a new message, and then having to hit the screen again in order to send the message. I wish they'd switch it back to how it was before, where you could just type a reply and hit enter/return on your keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkules View Post
I seem to have the same type of issue. I get the hit or miss notifications. I think that the app is great so far...but I need to have my notifications consistant.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
I have the same problem with SMS-Chat that you do. I hate the fact that they switched the contacts display from first/last name, now to last/first name. Also, if they support emoticons, why not add emoticons to the software templates. Why do we have to type in and try to figure out what emoticons are supported by the software. I don't understand this. I sent an email to vito tech support about a week ago concerning these two issues and have yet to receive a response...
Actually there is a file you can look at and see which emoticons are supported.

/program files/VITO/SMS-Chat/smiles/name.txt

It tells you what the emoticon is and the different ways to type it.

...and in the /program files/VITO/SMS-Chat/smile/bin/ directory is where the actualy emoticons are located, so in theory you can change then and add new ones......hhhmmm I will have to try that sometime.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software