Jerkules
Lurker

Jerkules is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS-Chat by Vito Technologies Threaded SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
I've been using 1.1 since it's been available and the notification issue is NOT fixed on my xv6800. The only way I can reliably get notifications of incoming text messages 100% of the time is :

1. Back out to the "chats" overview screen, hit the menu button, then hit the minimize button. (note : this HAS to be done from the "main" screen, minimizing from inside a "chat" results in potluck notifications as well.. I MUST back out to the main screen and minimize from there)

OR

2. Close SMS-Chat between each text message.

If I switch to other application via start menu or a hardware key without manually minimizing SMS-Chat, it's completely random whether or not I will get a notification tone when a new text comes in. Heck I've had at chat session open on the screen when a new SMS comes in, it will pop up in the chat and I will get no tone at all.

I seriously think that SMS-Chat somehow marks the SMS messages as "read" too quickly.. sometimes the system just doesn't have time to recognize a new message. The only way to guarantee it gets noticed is to minimize SMS-Chat so it doesnt auto-read the new incoming messages.

Love the program.. wish this problem would go away

Oh yeah and the softkeys still don't work like they used to in previous versions of the app. PLEEEEASE restore the ability to hit the right softkey to "send" and the left softkey to go back to the overview screen
I seem to have the same type of issue. I get the hit or miss notifications. I think that the app is great so far...but I need to have my notifications consistant.