PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

themirthfulswami is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS-Chat by Vito Technologies Threaded SMS

I've been using 1.1 since it's been available and the notification issue is NOT fixed on my xv6800. The only way I can reliably get notifications of incoming text messages 100% of the time is :

1. Back out to the "chats" overview screen, hit the menu button, then hit the minimize button. (note : this HAS to be done from the "main" screen, minimizing from inside a "chat" results in potluck notifications as well.. I MUST back out to the main screen and minimize from there)

OR

2. Close SMS-Chat between each text message.

If I switch to other application via start menu or a hardware key without manually minimizing SMS-Chat, it's completely random whether or not I will get a notification tone when a new text comes in. Heck I've had at chat session open on the screen when a new SMS comes in, it will pop up in the chat and I will get no tone at all.

I seriously think that SMS-Chat somehow marks the SMS messages as "read" too quickly.. sometimes the system just doesn't have time to recognize a new message. The only way to guarantee it gets noticed is to minimize SMS-Chat so it doesnt auto-read the new incoming messages.

Love the program.. wish this problem would go away

Oh yeah and the softkeys still don't work like they used to in previous versions of the app. PLEEEEASE restore the ability to hit the right softkey to "send" and the left softkey to go back to the overview screen

Last edited by themirthfulswami; 06-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style
Carrier: Sprint

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

Only complaint about 1.1 is when you go to compose a new message now, the contacts are listed by 'last name'. Lame. Why would they change this now after all of the other versions? I didn't hear one person complain about it being listed by first name!! I guess there are a few out there who have their contact list set by last names, but again - GIVE US THE CHOICE!!! I've tried to find a setting to change it, but can't find anything - if anybody else does - PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

purdue89 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantink View Post
Hello,
We are preparing a next version of SMS-Chat. One of the new features is smiles.
We have so far established 5 smiles for inclusion into SMS-Chat:
#1. same as
#2 same as
#3. sames as same as ') same as '-)
#4. sames asоно
#5. :* same as :-*

The problem is that we want to include only these smiles that will be rendered correctly on most other phones (not necessarily with WM and not necessarily with SMS-Chat).

This is why we need to know which smiles (apart from the 5 mentioned above) you do use on a regular basis in your daily SMS conversations.
NB Please specify them as I specified above (symbols, NOT pictures). For this tick the option below text entry window "disable smiles in text" otherwise it's going to be a mess.

PS Thanks lot in advance. I will not be able to answer any other questions unless it's emergency. With all support and registration issues you can refer to our online form, you'll get an answer: http://vitotechnology.com/en/support/
I sent an email to Vito Support about an issue with version 1.1. I am with sprint (HTC Touch), and when I recieve a picture mail, the sprint server sends me a text message with a hyperlink. With your version 1.1, when I select the link it launches internet explorer, but it isn't using the entire link, so the link isn't pulling up the picture. In sms-chat the link is so long that it is split into two lines. version 1.1 is only using the first line (I verified this by looking at the link in internet explorer), so the link is wrong and the picture isn't displayed.

Has this issue been mentioned before. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by purdue89 View Post
I sent an email to Vito Support about an issue with version 1.1. I am with sprint (HTC Touch), and when I recieve a picture mail, the sprint server sends me a text message with a hyperlink. With your version 1.1, when I select the link it launches internet explorer, but it isn't using the entire link, so the link isn't pulling up the picture. In sms-chat the link is so long that it is split into two lines. version 1.1 is only using the first line (I verified this by looking at the link in internet explorer), so the link is wrong and the picture isn't displayed.

Has this issue been mentioned before. Thanks.
i noticed this today too after my intial complaint about the compose message list. I have deinstalled and gone back to 1.05. Smileys aint worth it! ahahahh
Old 06-14-2008, 04:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

purdue89 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw View Post
i noticed this today too after my intial complaint about the compose message list. I have deinstalled and gone back to 1.05. Smileys aint worth it! ahahahh
Can you post version 1.05 here? Unfortunately, I deleted the 1.05 CAB before I had completely tested 1.1... I know, I know, rookie mistake... It won't happen again.

By the way, two versions of 1.05 were released. The first version wouldn't forward messages correctly. I tried to forward a text message to a friend, and the first version would send the contact information (name and number) back to the person that sent the original text message. Try it out on the version that you have. I sent a message to Vito support, and their response was to install the latest version, even though it was still version 1.05. I vaguely remember them changing your compose issue in the second version as well..... My point is that you may have the verion that won't forward correctly.

Last edited by purdue89; 06-14-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Kaiser

noiseboyuk is a n00b

Newbie here - found this forum on a search. Why did they change the first name / last name thing! That's incredibly stupid - all mine are set specifically in the appropriate field to be first / last, and they chose to reverse the lot in 1.1!

I'm actually gonna ask for my money back if they don't fix this quick... especially since 1.05 isn't available any more!

Grrr. Sorry to have an angry first post!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch

josh_boyd90 is becoming a great contributor

this is very nice i like it alot. The Reaction time is so smooth and quick
Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
N00b

deanerh is a n00b

Is anyone using this in conjunction with FunContacts? I've been using SMS-Chat for several months now, and just downloaded the recent update of Fun Contacts to try it out. The problem I'm having is if I use Fun Contact to select a contact to text, it switches over to SMS-Chat, but when I start typing the message, SMS-Chat will suddenly quit. Doesn't happen everytime, but fairly often. It never happens when I start the message process directly from SMS-Chat. Anyone else tried the combo and had anything similar happen?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Looks ok, but for now I'm sticking with cody. The program eats up some ram and is nothing more than a fancier cody.

Does anyone know anything new on the Windows Mobile 6.1 release? I thought we were supposed to have it by now... I know I can download a custom rom, but I'm a little nervous and don't want to duck up my phone.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul / HTC Titan

msswitch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerh View Post
Is anyone using this in conjunction with FunContacts? I've been using SMS-Chat for several months now, and just downloaded the recent update of Fun Contacts to try it out. The problem I'm having is if I use Fun Contact to select a contact to text, it switches over to SMS-Chat, but when I start typing the message, SMS-Chat will suddenly quit. Doesn't happen everytime, but fairly often. It never happens when I start the message process directly from SMS-Chat. Anyone else tried the combo and had anything similar happen?
I had the same issues. I actually purchased FunContact because I liked SMSChat so much. Seems like after I purchased FunContact I started having issues with SMSChat crashing. I got rid of both when Sprint's WM 6.1 upgrade came out - it has threaded SMS so I had no more need for the FC and SMSChat.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software