PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: [APP] [RELEASE] KD-Font [v1.0] [07/07/10]

Awesome work on this bro!! I will help spread the word
Old 07-11-2010, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quick question...

When I cook this app into my ROM it sets the default font as the one in the 1st screenshot. How can I make it not do that? I checked the app.reg in my EXT and it says:
Code:
"CurrentSFont"="Default"
"CurrentWMFont"="Default"
I see all the files have numbers for names. Anyone know which one is the default WM/Sense font? I'm assuming that if I edit the app.reg to reflect this font, the default font will not be the one I'm seeing now.

Also, font changes incur a lot of sizing issues through out Sense and WM depending on the font itself and how big it is as you can see in the 2nd screenshot. Would there be any way for you to incorporate the system wide changing of font size for some of the bigger/bolder/longer sized fonts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0001-117.jpg (105.4 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0002-45.jpg (118.0 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 07-13-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
S2W
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/MoPho

S2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the communityS2W is a trusted member of the community

Great idea... will have to try this... Keep it up!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Quick question...

When I cook this app into my ROM it sets the default font as the one in the 1st screenshot. How can I make it not do that? I checked the app.reg in my EXT and it says:
Code:
"CurrentSFont"="Default"
"CurrentWMFont"="Default"
I see all the files have numbers for names. Anyone know which one is the default WM/Sense font? I'm assuming that if I edit the app.reg to reflect this font, the default font will not be the one I'm seeing now.

Also, font changes incur a lot of sizing issues throught Sense and WM depending on the font itself and how big it is as you can see if the 2nd screenshot. Would there be any way for you to incorporate the system wide changing of font size for some of the bigger/bolder/longer sized fonts?
The default font is not actually something that's part of the app.

Here's a quick rundown: Th app overwrites the existing system fonts with the desired ones. The default fonts are restored by removing the modded fonts so the device will regenerate the fonts on reboot (from ROM). Hope that makes sense...

As for changing the size of the fonts system-wide... that's pretty difficult as the sizes are controlled by various areas of the OS/UI. I CAN scale the size of each character up/down within a given font so that it can fit better in the OS/UI. The only thingis that this has to be done on my end. Some ppl see mto like the larger fonts taking up more space, while others (myself include) prefe them to fit properly... After I get the next release out, I might start taking "Scale Requests" on some of the fonts that are drastically too big/small.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I guess my question then is why does cooking in the package cause it to install the font in my screenshot instead of just not running till it's called on? Even when I have the actual cab install at boot up instead of cooking in an EXT package, the same thing happens.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
The default font is not actually something that's part of the app.

Here's a quick rundown: Th app overwrites the existing system fonts with the desired ones. The default fonts are restored by removing the modded fonts so the device will regenerate the fonts on reboot (from ROM). Hope that makes sense...

As for changing the size of the fonts system-wide... that's pretty difficult as the sizes are controlled by various areas of the OS/UI. I CAN scale the size of each character up/down within a given font so that it can fit better in the OS/UI. The only thingis that this has to be done on my end. Some ppl see mto like the larger fonts taking up more space, while others (myself include) prefe them to fit properly... After I get the next release out, I might start taking "Scale Requests" on some of the fonts that are drastically too big/small.

Thanks!!!
Looking forward to your updates, great app idea keep it up...the sdk is nice there is another app for google voice, gvv.exe that uses it and styles are great too.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Kliptik...

finally got a chance to dl and install app. is this app only specific to some roms only? because i am running stock 6.1 and no worky for me gives me an error message. first saying error code w01 and the second s01 in trying to change both wm and sense fonts to the magneto font setting....im guessing that means windows and sense? i tried changing setting to making changes separately and together options...but still error out. i currently have your papyrus font installed....do i need to be on the system default fonts?

im still psyched though because you have the option in there to automatically update...even though not active as of now...at least there seems to be a plan for you to incorporate it in the future.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
yeah i was kinda hopin to get more exposure since its been in the TP2 forum for a while, i wanted to get it out to other devices also. We'll see how it goes, but i agree i thought itd taken off a bit quicker.
first and foremost i thank you again for the app!! i too have been trying to spread the word over @xda on twitter and to ppl i know with htc phones,works great on a hd2 and others as well,with a few of us getting the word around then we should see this app. get the recognition thats deserved,too good of a app. for ppl to not know about

@Kliptik you ever find out anything bout the files i emailed you,just curious

Old 07-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
Kliptik...

finally got a chance to dl and install app. is this app only specific to some roms only? because i am running stock 6.1 and no worky for me gives me an error message. first saying error code w01 and the second s01 in trying to change both wm and sense fonts to the magneto font setting....im guessing that means windows and sense? i tried changing setting to making changes separately and together options...but still error out. i currently have your papyrus font installed....do i need to be on the system default fonts?

im still psyched though because you have the option in there to automatically update...even though not active as of now...at least there seems to be a plan for you to incorporate it in the future.
yeah you definitely need to uninstall the Papyrus font CAB first. other wise it wont let you overwrite the font files.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I guess my question then is why does cooking in the package cause it to install the font in my screenshot instead of just not running till it's called on? Even when I have the actual cab install at boot up instead of cooking in an EXT package, the same thing happens.
hmmm.... are you cooking in JUST the KD-Font CAB, or are you cooking the Bank Gothic CAB in too? cuz cooking in the Bank Gotchic CAB will do that. you dont need the Bank Gothic CAB if youre using KD-Font. the font CABs and KD-Font wont play together well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
font, font app, font cab, sense font, wm font