PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Added 3.42.40 radio (link) to tutorial.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6875 TP2
Carrier: Verizon

kprice1658 is a n00b

Before I attempt to do a custom ROM, just want to clarify a few things. I have a little experience with this with my old xv6700, did it a few dozen times using mostly Helmi's and Lennys stuff. Now I have a new 2 day old Verizon xv6800.

I started to to the steps in the tutorial, but in jumping around following the links, I found the MR1 package. I had already loaded spl2.47. I went ahead and did the MR1. Had to call Verizon and they did the reset. I followed skywings wiki on the GPS, worked perfectly. I installed GoogleMaps - quick lock in on 6-8 sats. All is good, but of course I can't leave it alone.

So, right now I have spl2.47 Nuchem on the bootloader screen, radio 3.37.75 and rom 3.57.605.1 and PRI 2.03_002. I've seen threads that you have to flash backwards before going forward. I also saw an updated post that the 2.03 PRI is do-able now. Just need to clarify what I can do.

Do I just need Buildos, DCD/OEM/Lennys, then cook my rom and do it?

I'd like to update to radio 3.42.40 -it appears to be better, but isn't this a Sprint Radio?

I've also seen some references to "Carrier .cab files". I also selected the carrier on the top of the buildos - has that changed?

The help here is awesome, just so many threads that jump everywhere - its gets confusing....
Thanks
Old 09-20-2008, 12:04 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Sounds like you got the basic idea down... and you say your GPS is working...
You should be able to just build a kitchen ROM or flash custom ROM of your choice
Quote:
I also saw an updated post that the 2.03 PRI is do-able now.
I haven't seen that post, but i think you may have answered your own question...
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

Ok, in reading a few threads on unlocking/flashing a custom rom I still have a few questions just to get things straight before I dive in. I wanna start off with just running a custom ROM before learning to cook my own. Babysteps man.

So it seems that this thread is mainly directed towards verizon users as far as the updating the radio part and getting GPS. But i'm with sprint and from what I read in an earlier post if I already have a radio version over 3.30 I think it was, that I don't need to update the radio OR Rom. Right?

It seems that all I have to do is unlock the phone which sounds pretty easy, but after I do that will my phone still work after that, or do I have to immediately flash a custom ROM after unlocking. It seems that in a part of the steps there is a chance that it won't be able to boot up after unlocking? Or is that just with Verizon and other phones trying to update the radio with the sprint ROM?

So after I unlock I'm thinking of running the NueROM pre3. Is that like a base rom with just the bare necessities needed to run the phone? Do I need to cook anything else into it to make it work, or does it work straight out the box? What's the difference between NueROM3Titan and NueROM3TitanKitchen? I'm assuming I wanna flash NueROM3Titan right? So what do I do with that RAR file that I download from Nuerom's site? Do I need an RUU? I'm at work and don't have WINRAR installed here at work so I can't see what's in the archive but I think I saw it briefly at home and it had just one file that I believe was titled RUU something. So do I just place that on my phone and go into bootloader mode and select the file to flash to it?

And lastly, after I flash will I need to take out the battery, soft or hard reset? I've read different things that need to be done with different ROMs but can't seem to find out what is needed after NueROM's latest rom.

Thank you all for your help in advance.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

sup quiqnezz this Rippa_MD from dcsportbikes.com.
unlocking just means you will be able to run another custom ROM other than the official ROMs. If you try to load a custom rom without first unlocking phone than bad things happen . But once you unlock your phone your phone still acts the same way until you start getting into the addiction of loading custom roms or cooking up your own lol..

Make sure you unlock phone. I have Olipro 2.40 own mine that's the red green blue screen bootloader. Now that you have NueRom3Titan you first get a memory card that doesn't support SDHC, you want the standard memory card, I used my old 64MB memory card and wipe it clean with a fat32 format. The file you downloaded has a filed called RUU_signed.nbh extract it and copy it to your clean memory card and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh .

Insert Memory card with the TITAIMG.nbh .
Take out your stylus.
Hold Camera, Comm, and Power buttons and with stylus press the little reset circle under the camera slot. If everything work you should see Olipro 2.40 (or whatever unlocker you used) multi-colored bootloader screen. (let go of all the three-buttons lol)
The bootloader will find your TitaIMG.nbh file and ask if you want to run/load it I forget but the point is you have to press the power button to continue. Once you do that you will see a progress bar, once the progress bar says successful Your done!!

Almost done...now press the circle/reset button again or take off your battery either one is fine. Phone starts and you should see the version of the rom and other stuff.
Now your really done. Time to load your favorite programs and contacts all that jazz. Have you checked out the manila 2d update info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173 good stuff runs smooth on our moguls mang and this is just the beta!

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 09-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
sup quiqnezz this Rippa_MD from dcsportbikes.com.
unlocking just means you will be able to run you another custom ROM other than the official ROMs. If you try to load a custom rom without first unlocking phone than bad things happen . But once you unlock your phone your phone still acts the same way until you start getting into the addiction of loading custom roms or cooking up your own lol..

Make sure you unlock phone. I have Olipro 2.40 own mine that's the red green blue screen bootloader. Now that you have NueRom3Titan you first get a memory card that doesn't support SDHC, you want the standard memory card, I used my old 64MB memory card and wipe it clean with a fat32 format. The file you downloaded has a filed called RUU_signed.nbh extract it and copy it to your clean memory card and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh .

Insert Memory card with the TITAIMG.nbh .
Take out your stylus.
Hold Camera, Comm, and Power buttons and with stylus press the little reset circle under the camera slot. If everything work you should see Olipro 2.40 (or whatever unlocker you used) multi-colored bootloader screen. (let go of all the three-buttons lol)
The bootloader will find your TitaIMG.nbh file and ask if you want to run/load it I forget but the point is you have to press the power button to continue. Once you do that you will see a progress bar, once the progress bar says successful Your done!!

Almost now press the circle/reset button again or take off your battery either one is fine.
Now your done time to load your favorite programs and contacts all that jazz. have checked out the manila 2d update info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173 good stuff
Hey what's up man!! Thanks for the clarification! This is what I thought but just wanted to be sure. You just answered my next question I guess about the memory card. But I still have a couple of more questions...

How do I know if I have a SDHC? I'm assuming it says so on the front of the card right? So if it doesn't say SDHC on it I should be good? I have a 1gb memory card that doesn't have SDCH on it but do I have to completely wipe it and format it even though I know it's already on FAT32? Can I keep my other stuff on there and put the nuerom file on the root directory and have it still work?

So after I finish flashing nuerom will it stay on a certain screen which I then have to soft reset from/take the battery out, or will it boot up the phone completely and THEN I have to soft reset?

Yeah man i've been running Manilla since about the beginning. I had almost everything running except youtube and that's why i've finally decided to dive into the world of custom ROMs.

Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thumbs up Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

yup it should say it right on it if the card is SDHC.
I only had two files the TITAIMG.nbh and some other file on the root folder and it didn't work. As soon as I removed the second file and just left the *.nbh file the bootloader found it. I didn't try creating a different folder and just leaving the *.nbh file on there though, I guess you can always create a folder on your desktop to hold your memory card files and then continue with the steps.

after it loads and the progress bar says 'successful' the phone just stays there and you start to wonder o'**** why doesnt the phone reboot did I fack it up ...lol but it says 'update successful' so your good. You feel a high that it is booting correctly lol and your mogul is not bricked. You HAVE to reset/take battery out ONCE after you see 'udpate successful' screen that's it. Phone boots and windows pops up and you start loading your personal programs/contacts.

youtube works on mine I just downloaded the huge 23-24MB file on xda that has all you need (youtube, manila2d, htc camera, audio player, etc) and followed the instructions in the download file and everything is working so far.

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 09-30-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
yup it should say it right on it if the card is SDHC.
I only had two files the TITAIMG.nbh and some other file on the root folder and it didn't work. As soon as I removed the second file and just left the *.nbh file the bootloader found it. I didn't try creating a different folder and just leaving the *.nbh file on there though, I guess you can always create a folder on your desktop to hold your memory card files and then continue with the steps.

after it loads and the progress bar says 'successful' the phone just stays there and you start to wonder o'**** why doesnt the phone reboot did I fack it up ...lol but it says 'update successful' so your good. You feel a high that it is booting correctly lol and your mogul is not bricked. You HAVE to reset/take battery out ONCE after you see 'udpate successful' screen that's it. Phone boots and windows pops up and you start loading your personal programs/contacts.

youtube works on mine I just downloaded the huge 23-24MB file on xda that has all you need (youtube, manila2d, htc camera, audio player, etc) and followed the instructions in the download file and everything is working so far.
Yo man you da shizzNAT! Thanks. I think i'll give it a go tonight then when I get home. Which version of Manilla is that? The one that installs everything all together or one of the packs that come in pieces? There are a few of them out there so I would like to know which one you used if EVERYTHING is working on it. I know that a few of the fixes that are included we don't need on our mogul, and just messes things up sometimes.

One last question, i'm assuming that it's not recommended to use a backup from the stock ROM on a custom is it? When I started working with Manilla I did a backup after a hard reset, loaded all my apps, then did a backup using SPB BEFORE I installed manilla so I wouldn't have to keep doing it if I chose to try another manilla install.

Would that backup work on a custom ROM? Or are there different things going on in the Nuerom that won't be compatible with the backup?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I don't know how deep spb backup really get into the actual system files of the rom...but I can tell you the Nue3ROM is very different and better than the stock ROM. If you can do a backup of only contacts you should be fine. Maybe do two backups one with contacts and programs you installed and another with just contacts. load one at a time after you flash to Nue3ROM. if you see that is acting buggy with the backup of programs and contacts you will have to hard reset and just load the backup with just contacts and your programs one by one, finally backup again with spb.

hard reset = hold the two small dot o buttons together and press the reset button/circle with stylus. follow the onscreen directions and it will reload Nue3Rom back to your phone as if you just reflash it.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia 2 i8000
Carrier: bell

adriancox is a n00b

tried to cook another rom but is says that the build os v 09.05.2 is expired. how do i download another verson. the link on the first page of this thread dosent seem to work

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development