View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:47 AM
kprice1658
Lurker

kprice1658 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Before I attempt to do a custom ROM, just want to clarify a few things. I have a little experience with this with my old xv6700, did it a few dozen times using mostly Helmi's and Lennys stuff. Now I have a new 2 day old Verizon xv6800.

I started to to the steps in the tutorial, but in jumping around following the links, I found the MR1 package. I had already loaded spl2.47. I went ahead and did the MR1. Had to call Verizon and they did the reset. I followed skywings wiki on the GPS, worked perfectly. I installed GoogleMaps - quick lock in on 6-8 sats. All is good, but of course I can't leave it alone.

So, right now I have spl2.47 Nuchem on the bootloader screen, radio 3.37.75 and rom 3.57.605.1 and PRI 2.03_002. I've seen threads that you have to flash backwards before going forward. I also saw an updated post that the 2.03 PRI is do-able now. Just need to clarify what I can do.

Do I just need Buildos, DCD/OEM/Lennys, then cook my rom and do it?

I'd like to update to radio 3.42.40 -it appears to be better, but isn't this a Sprint Radio?

I've also seen some references to "Carrier .cab files". I also selected the carrier on the top of the buildos - has that changed?

The help here is awesome, just so many threads that jump everywhere - its gets confusing....
Thanks