View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Rippa_MD
PPCGeeks Regular

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

sup quiqnezz this Rippa_MD from dcsportbikes.com.
unlocking just means you will be able to run another custom ROM other than the official ROMs. If you try to load a custom rom without first unlocking phone than bad things happen . But once you unlock your phone your phone still acts the same way until you start getting into the addiction of loading custom roms or cooking up your own lol..

Make sure you unlock phone. I have Olipro 2.40 own mine that's the red green blue screen bootloader. Now that you have NueRom3Titan you first get a memory card that doesn't support SDHC, you want the standard memory card, I used my old 64MB memory card and wipe it clean with a fat32 format. The file you downloaded has a filed called RUU_signed.nbh extract it and copy it to your clean memory card and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh .

Insert Memory card with the TITAIMG.nbh .
Take out your stylus.
Hold Camera, Comm, and Power buttons and with stylus press the little reset circle under the camera slot. If everything work you should see Olipro 2.40 (or whatever unlocker you used) multi-colored bootloader screen. (let go of all the three-buttons lol)
The bootloader will find your TitaIMG.nbh file and ask if you want to run/load it I forget but the point is you have to press the power button to continue. Once you do that you will see a progress bar, once the progress bar says successful Your done!!

Almost done...now press the circle/reset button again or take off your battery either one is fine. Phone starts and you should see the version of the rom and other stuff.
Now your really done. Time to load your favorite programs and contacts all that jazz. Have you checked out the manila 2d update info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173 good stuff runs smooth on our moguls mang and this is just the beta!

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 09-30-2008 at 02:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.