View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
quiqnezz
Regular 'Geeker

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
sup quiqnezz this Rippa_MD from dcsportbikes.com.
unlocking just means you will be able to run you another custom ROM other than the official ROMs. If you try to load a custom rom without first unlocking phone than bad things happen . But once you unlock your phone your phone still acts the same way until you start getting into the addiction of loading custom roms or cooking up your own lol..

Make sure you unlock phone. I have Olipro 2.40 own mine that's the red green blue screen bootloader. Now that you have NueRom3Titan you first get a memory card that doesn't support SDHC, you want the standard memory card, I used my old 64MB memory card and wipe it clean with a fat32 format. The file you downloaded has a filed called RUU_signed.nbh extract it and copy it to your clean memory card and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh .

Insert Memory card with the TITAIMG.nbh .
Take out your stylus.
Hold Camera, Comm, and Power buttons and with stylus press the little reset circle under the camera slot. If everything work you should see Olipro 2.40 (or whatever unlocker you used) multi-colored bootloader screen. (let go of all the three-buttons lol)
The bootloader will find your TitaIMG.nbh file and ask if you want to run/load it I forget but the point is you have to press the power button to continue. Once you do that you will see a progress bar, once the progress bar says successful Your done!!

Almost now press the circle/reset button again or take off your battery either one is fine.
Now your done time to load your favorite programs and contacts all that jazz. have checked out the manila 2d update info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173 good stuff
Hey what's up man!! Thanks for the clarification! This is what I thought but just wanted to be sure. You just answered my next question I guess about the memory card. But I still have a couple of more questions...

How do I know if I have a SDHC? I'm assuming it says so on the front of the card right? So if it doesn't say SDHC on it I should be good? I have a 1gb memory card that doesn't have SDCH on it but do I have to completely wipe it and format it even though I know it's already on FAT32? Can I keep my other stuff on there and put the nuerom file on the root directory and have it still work?

So after I finish flashing nuerom will it stay on a certain screen which I then have to soft reset from/take the battery out, or will it boot up the phone completely and THEN I have to soft reset?

Yeah man i've been running Manilla since about the beginning. I had almost everything running except youtube and that's why i've finally decided to dive into the world of custom ROMs.

Thanks again.