View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
quiqnezz
Regular 'Geeker

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Ok, in reading a few threads on unlocking/flashing a custom rom I still have a few questions just to get things straight before I dive in. I wanna start off with just running a custom ROM before learning to cook my own. Babysteps man.

So it seems that this thread is mainly directed towards verizon users as far as the updating the radio part and getting GPS. But i'm with sprint and from what I read in an earlier post if I already have a radio version over 3.30 I think it was, that I don't need to update the radio OR Rom. Right?

It seems that all I have to do is unlock the phone which sounds pretty easy, but after I do that will my phone still work after that, or do I have to immediately flash a custom ROM after unlocking. It seems that in a part of the steps there is a chance that it won't be able to boot up after unlocking? Or is that just with Verizon and other phones trying to update the radio with the sprint ROM?

So after I unlock I'm thinking of running the NueROM pre3. Is that like a base rom with just the bare necessities needed to run the phone? Do I need to cook anything else into it to make it work, or does it work straight out the box? What's the difference between NueROM3Titan and NueROM3TitanKitchen? I'm assuming I wanna flash NueROM3Titan right? So what do I do with that RAR file that I download from Nuerom's site? Do I need an RUU? I'm at work and don't have WINRAR installed here at work so I can't see what's in the archive but I think I saw it briefly at home and it had just one file that I believe was titled RUU something. So do I just place that on my phone and go into bootloader mode and select the file to flash to it?

And lastly, after I flash will I need to take out the battery, soft or hard reset? I've read different things that need to be done with different ROMs but can't seem to find out what is needed after NueROM's latest rom.

Thank you all for your help in advance.