View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM
quiqnezz
Regular 'Geeker

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
yup it should say it right on it if the card is SDHC.
I only had two files the TITAIMG.nbh and some other file on the root folder and it didn't work. As soon as I removed the second file and just left the *.nbh file the bootloader found it. I didn't try creating a different folder and just leaving the *.nbh file on there though, I guess you can always create a folder on your desktop to hold your memory card files and then continue with the steps.

after it loads and the progress bar says 'successful' the phone just stays there and you start to wonder o'**** why doesnt the phone reboot did I fack it up ...lol but it says 'update successful' so your good. You feel a high that it is booting correctly lol and your mogul is not bricked. You HAVE to reset/take battery out ONCE after you see 'udpate successful' screen that's it. Phone boots and windows pops up and you start loading your personal programs/contacts.

youtube works on mine I just downloaded the huge 23-24MB file on xda that has all you need (youtube, manila2d, htc camera, audio player, etc) and followed the instructions in the download file and everything is working so far.
Yo man you da shizzNAT! Thanks. I think i'll give it a go tonight then when I get home. Which version of Manilla is that? The one that installs everything all together or one of the packs that come in pieces? There are a few of them out there so I would like to know which one you used if EVERYTHING is working on it. I know that a few of the fixes that are included we don't need on our mogul, and just messes things up sometimes.

One last question, i'm assuming that it's not recommended to use a backup from the stock ROM on a custom is it? When I started working with Manilla I did a backup after a hard reset, loaded all my apps, then did a backup using SPB BEFORE I installed manilla so I wouldn't have to keep doing it if I chose to try another manilla install.

Would that backup work on a custom ROM? Or are there different things going on in the Nuerom that won't be compatible with the backup?