PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 05:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

I just donated and say thanks again for all the efforts No2Chem!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Audiogalaxy007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Go to the Advanced settings, and run the EPST config

Which advanced settings? Where are they located? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it

Last edited by Audiogalaxy007; 03-09-2008 at 06:13 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 03-09-2008, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Which advanced settings? Where are they located? Thanks.
from 5051 a folder gets installed under "Programs" call "Advanced settings" and in that folder their is an icon named "EPST config"

good luck

Last edited by fat boy; 03-09-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)

rgv_warrior is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
thanks, I havnt found anything searching yet but again thanks for the tip. Any help is appreciiated. Until today these cards have always worked in the past.
I haven't ordered mine yet. Running a 2GB card. Good luck.

rw

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

I don't use s2u2 and still have the answer issues. Also it is the DATA connection not just evdo. If the phone is using data it has to switch to phone mode and this is taking forever which is causing the problem.

I tested this by purposly using data then closing all programs and calling myself from a landline. It takes forever to answer the call. I called again right after the first phone call and it answered immediatly. We just need the timeout from data to phone mode to be like 5-10 seconds instead of whatever it is. It seems like there is no timeout so it stays in data mode.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
I don't use s2u2 and still have the answer issues. Also it is the DATA connection not just evdo. If the phone is using data it has to switch to phone mode and this is taking forever which is causing the problem.

I tested this by purposly using data then closing all programs and calling myself from a landline. It takes forever to answer the call. I called again right after the first phone call and it answered immediatly. We just need the timeout from data to phone mode to be like 5-10 seconds instead of whatever it is. It seems like there is no timeout so it stays in data mode.
Yeah, I am not using S2U either, so this isn't my issue.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

OmarBadu is a n00b

anyone gotten gpsgate to work yet?
Old 03-09-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Question Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
EV-DO DOES NOT STAY ACTIVE!

The constant white arrows is a bug in the dialer skin. It does not mean that your data connection is actually active.
GBM85,

when I look at the comm manager, it also shows a constant connect on the data icon, is that also a bug? The Microsoft Direct Push icon is also lit up. Is this normal since I'm using exchange as my messaging setup?

RW
Old 03-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i have the mogul big button dialer and it doesnt show that my EVDO is always on if anyone wants it ill post it up here for you.this is the one where the ## codes work.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Okay. This is what I have found so far concerning the data connection:

Setup 1 - using Microsoft Direct Push (MDP) and Data Connection

I check comm manager and notice that both the data connection and Microsoft Direct Push are lit up and showing as running additionally, the arrows in the taskbar are showing a connection. I disable MDP and the data connection continues to run. Data connection will shut down if I press the icon within comm manager. Icon returns back to tower on taskbar.

Setup 2 - Using Active Sync and Data Connection

I check the comm manager, no data connection enabled, no active sync enabled. I click on active sync and initiate a sync to my server. Data Connection lights up and arrows light up in task bar. Active sync finishes but connection manager icon still shows on and connection arrows on taskbar stay on.

Using Itsall_cool regedits on a previous post, I disconnected the data connection. I then set active sync to check for mail every five minutes. The data connection begins but after five minutes does not shut down (it normally takes about 20 seconds to check and download). The data arrows on the taskbar continue to show as well. Data arrows continue to show until I manually shutdown the connection. Icon changed from arrows to antenna tower after I manually shut the data connection. If I run active sync manually the data connection also continues to run after it has finished sync'ing.

Moved over to Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE).

Initiated an Internet Connection to MSN Mobile (dialer showed calling 777) and ran great. Data arrows showed up. Shutdown PIE but arrows remained. Checked out Task Manager and PIE is not loaded. Data arrows continue to show until I manually shutdown the connection. Icon changed from arrows to antenna tower after I manually shut the data connection.

From what I have found it seems that the data connection is continueously running when you establish either an MDP, Active Sync (manual or scheduled), or Web connection. You have to manually disconnect the vision data connection.

RW

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development