PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700WX >> Mogul 6800 :-)
Carrier: Sprint

rgv_warrior is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

All,

I orginally thought that the data connection issue I posted previously may be related to why some of us are having issues with calls coming in and having to press the answer button more than once.

I did a test call to my phone and only had to press the button once and the call connected.

I startup up a data connection and then placed a call to it and it answered just fine. The icon changed from EV to 1X and the phone icon replaced the data connection icon. After hanging up the data connection icon reappeared. I closed out PIE but the data connection continued until I manually shut it down.

RW.

It is the unsung that continue the fight with plenty of guts and very little glory. RGV_WARRIOR 2007

If someone helps you out, give them props by clicking the "thanks" icon.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work

EVDO may not stay active but DATA does. ALSO

WARNING BACK UP YOUR MSID when relocking your device as it can and did in my case get screwed up.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think you guys are misunderstanding the meaning of "active."

Yes, the data connection will stay ALIVE unless you manually disconnect it. This does not apply only to MDP but any time you connect via #777.

ACTIVE means that it is actually transmitting or receiving data. Normally this is indicated by white arrows, but a bug in the dialer skin causes it to display white arrows regardless of the status.

Comm Manager will only show you when data is ALIVE, not whether it is ACTIVE.

Again, data always stays ALIVE once activated unless you manually disconnect it. That is not a bug or feature caused by this ROM. It happens in all ROMs.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Question Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
I think you guys are misunderstanding the meaning of "active."

Yes, the data connection will stay ALIVE unless you manually disconnect it. This does not apply only to MDP but any time you connect via #777.

ACTIVE means that it is actually transmitting or receiving data. Normally this is indicated by white arrows, but a bug in the dialer skin causes it to display white arrows regardless of the status.

Comm Manager will only show you when data is ALIVE, not whether it is ACTIVE.

Again, data always stays ALIVE once activated unless you manually disconnect it. That is not a bug or feature caused by this ROM. It happens in all ROMs.
gbm85,

So, if I understand what you are saying, eventhough the "bugged" dialer skin shows the two arrows, it doesn't necessarily mean that the radio is sending or recieving data.

A question, after the data connection has finished doing what it is supposed to, whether email sync or Internet connection, the normal process would be that the arrows disappear and the tower signal indicator shows representing that the #777 connection has terminated. But, using itsall_goods reg edit above, I can visually see that the vision connection is still running. Shouldn't the #777 have disconnected once I close out the application that was using it?

rw

Last edited by rgv_warrior; 03-09-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:50 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

looks interesting, but if i upgrade to this ROM, can i still install and use the HTC Task Manager? i really like the ability to tap and hold X to close
Old 03-09-2008, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
looks interesting, but if i upgrade to this ROM, can i still install and use the HTC Task Manager? i really like the ability to tap and hold X to close
yes you can. Works fine.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:23 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

thanks for your reply, i'll give this ROM a try... right now i'm running the unofficial 3.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgv_warrior View Post
A question, after the data connection has finished doing what it is supposed to, whether email sync or Internet connection, the normal process would be that the arrows disappear and the tower signal indicator shows representing that the #777 connection has terminated. But, using itsall_goods reg edit above, I can visually see that the vision connection is still running. Shouldn't the #777 have disconnected once I close out the application that was using it?

rw
The vision connection is still there even AFTER you close the application however it's in a dormant state (no incoming/outgoing data) - so if you open a new application that requires data access, you wont hafta re-athenticate. You can manually terminate your data connection though

*edit* sorry to be so n00bish but just a few more questions on the ROM:

will the PocketCM application interfere with the threaded SMS? right now i use the PocketCM for the threaded SMS and it gets the SMS from the actual SMS in the phone, so if i receive a SMS it arrives in both places, but when i read it in PocketCM and mark as read or delete it does the same in the built in SMS, will it work similair with this ROM? also does anyone have a .cab for the touchFlo (i used to have it on my 6700) i think i remember someone saying its avail at XDA or something in one of the 60+ pages i read last night, but i dont remember... i lost an hour of sleep and it's really messing me up today !!!!

Last edited by puff; 03-09-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PPC_N00B,

thanks for your response as well. I'm learning this stuff so I'm trying to make sense of it.

rw
Old 03-09-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b

nOOb question... I remember seeing something about having to relock the phone when flashing back to an older rom. I assume that I'll have to do that when the new rom comes out tomorrow also if I decide to flash to it?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

I don't know if anyone addressed this yet, but I was using Schaps Advanced Configuration a while back and whenever there was an internet connection established, I was unable to anwer a call. I'm not sure if that's fixed with this version. I was using an older version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development