PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No2Chem nueROM 2.0 (WM6.1) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
I found out why it takes soooooo long to answer calls. (having to press answer 3 or 4 times) It has to do with the fact that evdo stays on. If it is disconnected you can answer right away. Hope that this helps for a fix.
I thought that at first, but it happens to me in 1x areas too (like where I live). I used Advanced Configuration tools to ensure that my data connection is set to "enabled", rather than "always on", so I am still looking for an answer as to why I can't answer calls.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

EV-DO DOES NOT STAY ACTIVE!

The constant white arrows is a bug in the dialer skin. It does not mean that your data connection is actually active.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33tlinuxh4x0r View Post
Has anyone had the problem with 5051 where you have to press answer 3 times before it will answer when receiving a phone call???
YES! In fact, I thought my phone had a problem, but my "answer" key [the green phone button] flat out seems not to work in this rom unless I press it over and over. I have to go into keypad and use the on-screen button.

That so far, is my only problem with this. Everything else working fast and very stable, have not had to soft reset once since I got this unless it was a program install/change.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ohm4life911 is becoming a great contributor

Any predictions on when the 5052 build might be coming? Just wondering...
Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Lurker

Audiogalaxy007 is a n00b

Well, I guess I am just too impatient. I'm pretty sure the new Rom will be released on Monday, but I decided to try No2's rom today anyway. I am having zero luck. I'm 95% sure I'm following the directions correctly, but for some reason, after I flash the custom Rom, my mogul just keeps rebooting over and over, within 30 seconds after the windows splash screen comes up.

So I'm going back to the standard 3.16 rom for now. Which is a shame, cause I really liked a lot of the stuff in No2's Rom. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'm opening to trying it again, but I tried it three times, with the same results each time.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just flashed to the rom today. I have now twice had to hard reset because after a soft reset, it just sticks on the Windows splash screen.

Edit to clarify:

It works fine when I flash or reset. But as I add more applications, something causes it to hang and freeze at startup.

Any ideas what is causing it?

Last edited by supdawg; 03-09-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
YES! In fact, I thought my phone had a problem, but my "answer" key [the green phone button] flat out seems not to work in this rom unless I press it over and over. I have to go into keypad and use the on-screen button.

That so far, is my only problem with this. Everything else working fast and very stable, have not had to soft reset once since I got this unless it was a program install/change.
i have this issue myself but dont think it has anything to do with no2's roms.... i've had the issue ever since loading s2u2... i'm 90% it's the culprit at least for me. are either of you running it also?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-09-2008, 04:39 AM
Lurker

Audiogalaxy007 is a n00b

Oh yeah, one more thing. With this latest build, I am unable to get to IOTA vision provisioning to work. It just errors out with code 1012, which I assume means that my MSID and or MSD are incorrect. However when I dial in the codes (such as ##778#) nothing happens. I assume this is because of the custom dialer (which is nice, btw). Anyone know any work-arounds, or have any other advice? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Go to the Advanced settings, and run the EPST config
Old 03-09-2008, 05:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
I have reinstalled 5051 2 more times and I have gone back to 5049 and the installs seem to work perfectly BUT I no longer have access to my 4gb storage card. I have soft reset, hard reset, pulled the battery, and banged it on the top of my head many times and still no storage card. I can view the files on the card from my laptop and the card is formated fat 32, and I am using two different cards! Is anyone else having this problem or know what the fix is?
I got tired of trying everything to make it work and after the last re flash to 5051 I just let it sit and did nothing. 5 hours later the SD storage card just shows up and I can use it. I did absolutely nothing but there it is, like magic?????? Actually the only thing that happened in that time period was my clock reset for day light savings time and gave me a notice, as soon as I said OK the storage card appeared. Other than this one hiccup(which may have nothing to do with 5051) I love what I see in this rom, what a huge upgrade from 5049, thanks No2Chem!!!

EDIT: Ok the little nerd in me was haunting me with the question WHY, so I re flashed again to 5051 to see if my card would still show up and yes it did. This problem apparently has nothing to do with No2Chem 5051, and I completely dont understand why it was gone and how it came back.

Last edited by fat boy; 03-09-2008 at 05:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development