PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

DerekV is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Can someone please post some screenshots?

Thanks.
it looks just like wm6 cept it has threaded sms and a task manager.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
i am loving this rom built in threaded sms is a good enough reason to upgrade the .1..

I know these issues are probably covered
- wm files not playing
- text message count doesnt clear
- had to call sprint to re activate my phone

still trying to get my internet to work i will edit once i get that going if i ever get it working lol
Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:

Thanks.

hehe as no2chem said, there really is not much difference has new sql utility, threaded sms looks cool, updated windows live version, rest physically looks the same. Also has domain support.

screenies would be cool of the sms and stuff
Old 01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:

Thanks.
As soon as I figure out how to flash it

I tried just running the RUU but obviously that wouldn't work because while it can get to the flashing part, it's got the wrong SPL loaded. When I use the Olipro 2.40 one, as soon as it loads the 2.40 bootloader, the computer and the RUU can't see my device anymore so I can't flash.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Lurker

bwxd is a n00b
hey which files do i dl from the ftp? currently ive taken every file with the 5023 on it and is there a readme for this?
Old 01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
Quote:

Thanks.
http://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nuerom2.png

there you go thats the only new thing on there, if u have palm sms then u know what they threaded text look like and if u have 3.16 u know what every thing else looks like
Old 01-31-2008, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Whom ever I choose.

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Quick question. I used the unlocker and that worked fine. I then downloaded the new rom and extracted the .nbh into the directory with the updater. Ran the batch file and got to the tri-color screen with it showing spl 2.40. Then I get to the part where I need to disconnect and reconnect my device but once I do that, my computer doesn't recognize the device anymore and when the RUU starts, I always get an "error 260: connection". Any tips?
Quote:
Right, but from the bootloader screen the RUU (and my computer) don't recognize the device so it claims it's not plugged in anymore and I get connection errors.
Quote:
As soon as I figure out how to flash it

I tried just running the RUU but obviously that wouldn't work because while it can get to the flashing part, it's got the wrong SPL loaded. When I use the Olipro 2.40 one, as soon as it loads the 2.40 bootloader, the computer and the RUU can't see my device anymore so I can't flash.
I
I ran into the same problem and this is what i did. Reboot your phone and then run the unlocker and follow the steps again. When it gets to the part were it looks like its installing a rom its really just installing the unlocker. Once that is done u will be at the bootloader screen. Once your there just run the Ruu install utility with the rom of your choice included and your set! It wil install the Rom. I,m a noob at this too lol.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_tee View Post
I ran into the same problem and this is what i did. Reboot your phone and then run the unlocker and follow the steps again. When it gets to the part were it looks like its installing a rom its really just installing the unlocker. Once that is done u will be at the bootloader screen. Once your there just run the Ruu install utility with the rom of your choice included and your set! It wil install the Rom.
I've been trying that but halfway through verifying my phone's settings in the RUU, I lose USB connection to my phone. Plugging it in changes the phone's readout from 'serial' to 'USB' but the computer won't see it anymore and that includes the RUU. Then I get a connection error.

I tried just running the unlocker and getting it to the bootloader screen. Then I tried doing the RUU with and without unplugging/replugging. Essentially as soon as I hit the temporary 2.40 bootloader tri-color screen, Activesync loses its awareness of the phone and won't let me do anything until I soft reset. I can't even run exitbl because it can't see the phone.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I've been trying that but halfway through verifying my phone's settings in the RUU, I lose USB connection to my phone. Plugging it in changes the phone's readout from 'serial' to 'USB' but the computer won't see it anymore and that includes the RUU. Then I get a connection error.

I tried just running the unlocker and getting it to the bootloader screen. Then I tried doing the RUU with and without unplugging/replugging. Essentially as soon as I hit the temporary 2.40 bootloader tri-color screen, Activesync loses its awareness of the phone and won't let me do anything until I soft reset. I can't even run exitbl because it can't see the phone.
One thing I have noticed is that when I plug the phone back in within the 2.40 bootloader, it doesn't make the usual sound of a USB device connecting. It gives me 3 "dings" in rapid succession. It might just be this crappy work computer not detecting it properly when I plug back in.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor
Quote:

load the ruu on a microSD card (i named it TITAIMG.nbh - don't know if i had to, but i did) and after bootloader shows 2.4 olipro on the screen disconnect usb and put mem card in the phone, then soft reset phone. it should start to load from the card.

that's how i did it.

***update***

oops... i flashed the first rom not the one that has the wma fix's in it... now i amdoing it again. i'll be a rom flashin expert by the end of this

***update 2***

i did have to change the name of the file to TITAIMG.ruu for it to work (i am sure this was said somewhere, but i'll say it again.)

everything is good as far as the install goes. i need to find a voicedialer though...

Last edited by srtpusher; 01-31-2008 at 07:34 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development