View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 PM
neodorian
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_tee View Post
I ran into the same problem and this is what i did. Reboot your phone and then run the unlocker and follow the steps again. When it gets to the part were it looks like its installing a rom its really just installing the unlocker. Once that is done u will be at the bootloader screen. Once your there just run the Ruu install utility with the rom of your choice included and your set! It wil install the Rom.
I've been trying that but halfway through verifying my phone's settings in the RUU, I lose USB connection to my phone. Plugging it in changes the phone's readout from 'serial' to 'USB' but the computer won't see it anymore and that includes the RUU. Then I get a connection error.

I tried just running the unlocker and getting it to the bootloader screen. Then I tried doing the RUU with and without unplugging/replugging. Essentially as soon as I hit the temporary 2.40 bootloader tri-color screen, Activesync loses its awareness of the phone and won't let me do anything until I soft reset. I can't even run exitbl because it can't see the phone.