Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM
srtpusher
PPCGeeks Regular

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
I've been trying that but halfway through verifying my phone's settings in the RUU, I lose USB connection to my phone. Plugging it in changes the phone's readout from 'serial' to 'USB' but the computer won't see it anymore and that includes the RUU. Then I get a connection error.

I tried just running the unlocker and getting it to the bootloader screen. Then I tried doing the RUU with and without unplugging/replugging. Essentially as soon as I hit the temporary 2.40 bootloader tri-color screen, Activesync loses its awareness of the phone and won't let me do anything until I soft reset. I can't even run exitbl because it can't see the phone.

load the ruu on a microSD card (i named it TITAIMG.nbh - don't know if i had to, but i did) and after bootloader shows 2.4 olipro on the screen disconnect usb and put mem card in the phone, then soft reset phone. it should start to load from the card.

that's how i did it.

***update***

oops... i flashed the first rom not the one that has the wma fix's in it... now i amdoing it again. i'll be a rom flashin expert by the end of this

***update 2***

i did have to change the name of the file to TITAIMG.ruu for it to work (i am sure this was said somewhere, but i'll say it again.)

everything is good as far as the install goes. i need to find a voicedialer though...

Last edited by srtpusher; 01-31-2008 at 07:34 PM.