PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

watson540 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no shit..yuna or whoever you are..3 post wonder. if anything it would have been a slam on the WinMo dev team (which they probably deserve)

I gotta cook some more tonight too. I baked one last night only to find the "purpleplayer" issue when I got to work
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
please be sure to read the updated first post specifically concerning XIP if you are using baseKit.. i.e. make sure your about screen says CE OS 5.2.19716 , if it doesn't you need to use the os.nb from nueROM 2 in your kitchen. (you'll have to manually extract it).

looking into data issues, I don't seem to be having any...
cleaning more in a bit, I think im going to throw the stupid welcome center out.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yunus12000 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by countervirus View Post
Yunus while i do appreciate your concern in regards to my respect for no2chem. i would like to request that you should really read the following threads before trying to get all upset with someone. if you note he replied to my comment explaining that the version shown in the photos were from the smart phone version. Then i replied back saying that i did appreciate his work. And if you wanted to be completely honest. no where in my post did i say his rom was a disappointment just that it does not reflect what most images of windows mobile 6.1 looked like online. However if this doesn't satisfy your desires to flame someone today i will be cooking up my own rom of windows mobile 6.1 once i get home. That you are more then welcome to try out once I am done.
Thanks for your reply and i will be waiting to see your rom once its finished..
Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
please be sure to read the updated first post specifically concerning XIP if you are using baseKit.. i.e. make sure your about screen says CE OS 5.2.19716 , if it doesn't you need to use the os.nb from nueROM 2 in your kitchen. (you'll have to manually extract it).

looking into data issues, I don't seem to be having any...
cleaning more in a bit, I think im going to throw the stupid welcome center out.
I have had some data issues, one time it woudlnt load anything from online, next it worked fine...

Is is possible for the basekit to still have everything stock, or at least whatever comes originally with the port? Maybe just add option.xml to things... Helps us kitchen users/builders =]

Again awesome work.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
I have had some data issues, one time it woudlnt load anything from online, next it worked fine...

Is is possible for the basekit to still have everything stock, or at least whatever comes originally with the port? Maybe just add option.xml to things... Helps us kitchen users/builders =]

Again awesome work.
just dump the OEM directory from your kitchen, you don't have to use mine - technically any 3.16ish OEM dir should work fine.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:13 PM
FZ1
N00b
Pocket PC: Hermann
Carrier: vzw

FZ1 is just getting started
Thank you for your hard work no2chem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecker79 View Post
Gmail IMAP setup is a pain to configure but I got around it.
Would you mind detailing how you "got around" WM 6.1's auto setup (or is this issue caused by something else in this rom)?

Last edited by FZ1; 01-31-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
Thank you for your hard work no2chem!

Would you mind detailing how you "got around" WM 6.1's auto setup(or is this issue caused by something else in this rom)?
This issue is common with all wm6.1 roms. Im sure you can change the autoconfigure settings, but since this is a beta, i think ms never got around to it...
Old 01-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Okay I know you guys are talking about cooking your own ROM with the basekit but I'm gonna' ask this question again since no one replied last time...

Has anyone had any memory issues with this ROM? I only have around ~17MB after installating all my standard programs (such as Resco and Slide 2 Unlock) and sync'ing with PC. Don't have any extra Today Screen plugins either. And it gradually goes down to ~12MB.

no2chem, maybe you can fill me in on what might be going on. Thanks!

And as I had posted on XDA, you're just plain AWESOME!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
I love this rom but i might have to go back to 2.17 for a minute until everything gets sorted with my internet and the few small bugs.

no2chem you are a genius and i thank you much for your hard work...

only reason for going back to 2.17 is get my ##data to work because sprint is having a hard time fixing the internet on my phone and we all know the rule about flashing back to oem roms before taking it to the tech store.. I'll be back on this rom as soon
Old 01-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
Okay I know you guys are talking about cooking your own ROM with the basekit but I'm gonna' ask this question again since no one replied last time...

Has anyone had any memory issues with this ROM? I only have around ~17MB after installating all my standard programs (such as Resco and Slide 2 Unlock) and sync'ing with PC. Don't have any extra Today Screen plugins either. And it gradually goes down to ~12MB.

no2chem, maybe you can fill me in on what might be going on. Thanks!

And as I had posted on XDA, you're just plain AWESOME!
might be related to SYS bloat, on the hermes forum they're still trying to get it sorted out.... could be some sort of new caching too, I get about 16.96MB on my custom rom, so its about the same as you... the speed is fine though...

Last edited by no2chem; 01-31-2008 at 07:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development