PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
Okay I know you guys are talking about cooking your own ROM with the basekit but I'm gonna' ask this question again since no one replied last time...

Has anyone had any memory issues with this ROM? I only have around ~17MB after installating all my standard programs (such as Resco and Slide 2 Unlock) and sync'ing with PC. Don't have any extra Today Screen plugins either. And it gradually goes down to ~12MB.

no2chem, maybe you can fill me in on what might be going on. Thanks!

And as I had posted on XDA, you're just plain AWESOME!
Every 3.16 based ROM I have tried has had a larger than normal memory drop with normal usage. I even disabled the GPS service using memaid and my free ram still drops. These have all been beta builds, so hopefully the final 3.x build will address this better.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint hoes

Massdes07 is a n00b
does it have evdo rev.a? just curious before i flash
Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA Hero

poltergeek is a n00b
I tried to extract the os.nb file from your 5024 rom with nbhextract, and I only get one big 00_OS.nb (54 MB) file instead of seperate little files nb files. The os.nb file in the dogguy kitchen is under 7MB. What must I do to extract the os.nb? What kitchen would you reccomend for building your ROM for custom? So far, I love your ROM. Thanks for everything you do.

Poltergeek
Old 01-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massdes07 View Post
does it have evdo rev.a? just curious before i flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by poltergeek View Post
I tried to extract the os.nb file from your 5024 rom with nbhextract, and I only get one big 00_OS.nb (54 MB) file instead of seperate little files nb files. The os.nb file in the dogguy kitchen is under 7MB. What must I do to extract the os.nb? What kitchen would you reccomend for building your ROM for custom? So far, I love your ROM. Thanks for everything you do.

Poltergeek
I use my own "kitchen" thats a bunch of tools lying around. I don't know about how dogguy's kitchen works, but when nbbuild rebuilds onto the nb file, that file needs the correct XIP in it.

the 00_os.nb file you get is the correct file you need. Maybe someone here can recommend a kitchen to you.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Verizon specific ROM from the 5023 ROM is now available. ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/blazingwolf

I'll be working on 5024.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by poltergeek View Post

Poltergeek
If you are trying to edit the OS, all you have to do is drop the .nbh file into the Kitchen.
You only get one .nb file because that's all in this specific .nbh.

For this case, you are using Dogguys kitchen, just drop the .nbh file into the kitchen and press prepit.bat, that's it.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle
ok weird thing happened. I flashed my phone ran all day on the new rom and it worked great. amazing speed and nice threaded sms. decided to install in my bothers phone and everything seemed to work ok but when we went to get on the internet no go. there was no internet. sprint doesn't know and I cant figure it out. the info is all in there. and it dials out without a problem but I'm getting locating int he lower left screen any one seen this or know how to solve?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
might be related to SYS bloat, on the hermes forum they're still trying to get it sorted out.... could be some sort of new caching too, I get about 16.96MB on my custom rom, so its about the same as you... the speed is fine though...
The speed is just wonderful...despite the low available RAM, speed can't get any better. There is a lot of bloat but memory management seems to do a better job than before such as with 2.17, 1622.

And just as a suggestion, you might consider leaving Sprint Navigation in the ROM thus there a default application availble to use the GPS with....so we don't assume that people always have TomTom or iGuidance, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
Every 3.16 based ROM I have tried has had a larger than normal memory drop with normal usage. I even disabled the GPS service using memaid and my free ram still drops. These have all been beta builds, so hopefully the final 3.x build will address this better.
Memory was little more linient on 3.16, 1622 (WinMo 6.0) but with this, I just did a fresh flash of 5024 and came to ~20MB available as when compared with 3.16 TEST, it came to ~22-23MB; but I must admit, this is quite a bit faster than the TEST ROM.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle View Post
ok weird thing happened. I flashed my phone ran all day on the new rom and it worked great. amazing speed and nice threaded sms. decided to install in my bothers phone and everything seemed to work ok but when we went to get on the internet no go. there was no internet. sprint doesn't know and I cant figure it out. the info is all in there. and it dials out without a problem but I'm getting locating int he lower left screen any one seen this or know how to solve?
have you tried running IOTA on it?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_osu View Post
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 0 (DWORD decimal)
To show just the clock:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 1 (DWORD decimal)
To show just the date:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 2 (DWORD decimal)
To show both the date and the clock:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 3 (DWORD decimal)
when i select 0 for no date or clock, my volume icon doesn't show and the signal meter is cut in half

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development