PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Teedoe3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Could someone provide an easier way of downloading the new WM6.1? I just got a Mogul two weeks ago and is new to it. I downloaded the 3.16 Rom and its alright but got my internet pages choppy when scrolling. Please help!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
The speed is just wonderful...despite the low available RAM, speed can't get any better. There is a lot of bloat but memory management seems to do a better job than before such as with 2.17, 1622.

And just as a suggestion, you might consider leaving Sprint Navigation in the ROM thus there a default application availble to use the GPS with....so we don't assume that people always have TomTom or iGuidance, etc.

Memory was little more linient on 3.16, 1622 (WinMo 6.0) but with this, I just did a fresh flash of 5024 and came to ~20MB available as when compared with 3.16 TEST, it came to ~22-23MB; but I must admit, this is quite a bit faster than the TEST ROM.
I would leave sprintnav in, but its located in your extROM. someone posted the cab in another thread, so you can just use that.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teedoe3 View Post
Could someone provide an easier way of downloading the new WM6.1? I just got a Mogul two weeks ago and is new to it. I downloaded the 3.16 Rom and its alright but got my internet pages choppy when scrolling. Please help!
6.1 has a crappy browser. Install skyfire or opera mini =)
Old 01-31-2008, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
At the mercy of the court...

I read all 16 pages but still have a q or two.

I'm upgrading from 2.17...do I need to upgrade my radio or something beforehand? I DLed the olipro, unlocker, RUU and ROM...anything else???

P.S. - Thanks chem for all the hard work.

Last edited by jbbosu; 01-31-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbosu View Post
At the mercy of the court...

I read all 16 pages but still have a q or two.

I'm upgrading from 2.17...do I need to upgrade my radio or something beforehand? I DLed the olipro, unlocker, RUU and ROM...anything else???

P.S. - Thanks chem for all the hard work.
yes, please upgrade your radio using the 3.14 leaked rom first.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
Ok lemme get this straight:

DL and flash the 3.14 leaked ROM..as soon as that's installed, then flash your new ROM?

(sorry, even after the sticky, i'm a n00b).
Old 01-31-2008, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

paravis is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post

3.14? What happened to 3.16.

Also, I had already had DCD's rom installed, with 3.16 after using upgrading to 2.40. After flashin this rom, I'm stuck in bootloader. Extbl does not see the device.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbosu View Post
Ok lemme get this straight:

DL and flash the 3.14 leaked ROM..as soon as that's installed, then flash your new ROM?

(sorry, even after the sticky, i'm a n00b).
er, be sure to unlock with olipro 2.40 after 3.14.

EDIT: I think i meant 3.16.

Last edited by no2chem; 01-31-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint->Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

sudermatt is keeping up the good worksudermatt is keeping up the good work
Somebosy PLEASE load blaze's ROM and let us know how it works....I'm at work and have to live vicariously thru you till I get home.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

l33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good workl33tlinuxh4x0r is keeping up the good work
First off this rom is a huge speed increase even after I installed all of my crap. My favorite feature is office and onenote. However there is a bug. When you press the phone hardware button and look for contacts in the bottom left hand corner it is missing. It appears blank. The link still works though just no words. Great work keep it up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development