rvashi
Regular 'Geeker

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
might be related to SYS bloat, on the hermes forum they're still trying to get it sorted out.... could be some sort of new caching too, I get about 16.96MB on my custom rom, so its about the same as you... the speed is fine though...
The speed is just wonderful...despite the low available RAM, speed can't get any better. There is a lot of bloat but memory management seems to do a better job than before such as with 2.17, 1622.

And just as a suggestion, you might consider leaving Sprint Navigation in the ROM thus there a default application availble to use the GPS with....so we don't assume that people always have TomTom or iGuidance, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
Every 3.16 based ROM I have tried has had a larger than normal memory drop with normal usage. I even disabled the GPS service using memaid and my free ram still drops. These have all been beta builds, so hopefully the final 3.x build will address this better.
Memory was little more linient on 3.16, 1622 (WinMo 6.0) but with this, I just did a fresh flash of 5024 and came to ~20MB available as when compared with 3.16 TEST, it came to ~22-23MB; but I must admit, this is quite a bit faster than the TEST ROM.