View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
neodorian
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
I've been trying that but halfway through verifying my phone's settings in the RUU, I lose USB connection to my phone. Plugging it in changes the phone's readout from 'serial' to 'USB' but the computer won't see it anymore and that includes the RUU. Then I get a connection error.

I tried just running the unlocker and getting it to the bootloader screen. Then I tried doing the RUU with and without unplugging/replugging. Essentially as soon as I hit the temporary 2.40 bootloader tri-color screen, Activesync loses its awareness of the phone and won't let me do anything until I soft reset. I can't even run exitbl because it can't see the phone.
One thing I have noticed is that when I plug the phone back in within the 2.40 bootloader, it doesn't make the usual sound of a USB device connecting. It gives me 3 "dings" in rapid succession. It might just be this crappy work computer not detecting it properly when I plug back in.