Old 01-31-2008, 05:55 PM
king_tee
PPCGeeks Regular

king_tee is keeping up the good workking_tee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Quick question. I used the unlocker and that worked fine. I then downloaded the new rom and extracted the .nbh into the directory with the updater. Ran the batch file and got to the tri-color screen with it showing spl 2.40. Then I get to the part where I need to disconnect and reconnect my device but once I do that, my computer doesn't recognize the device anymore and when the RUU starts, I always get an "error 260: connection". Any tips?
Quote:
Right, but from the bootloader screen the RUU (and my computer) don't recognize the device so it claims it's not plugged in anymore and I get connection errors.
Quote:
As soon as I figure out how to flash it

I tried just running the RUU but obviously that wouldn't work because while it can get to the flashing part, it's got the wrong SPL loaded. When I use the Olipro 2.40 one, as soon as it loads the 2.40 bootloader, the computer and the RUU can't see my device anymore so I can't flash.
I
I ran into the same problem and this is what i did. Reboot your phone and then run the unlocker and follow the steps again. When it gets to the part were it looks like its installing a rom its really just installing the unlocker. Once that is done u will be at the bootloader screen. Once your there just run the Ruu install utility with the rom of your choice included and your set! It wil install the Rom. I,m a noob at this too lol.