PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

beejmeister is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMogul View Post
you need to use XP, read the first thread

I used VISTA and had less problems that what it sounds like most of you are having. Just have to make the proper driver changes to VISTA per instructions elsewhere on these boards and it will go fine!

XP is easier but there's no reason that you HAVE to use XP. Just a few extra steps on your PC and you'll be fine!
ROM: What day is it?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
AnthroMatt

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Cool...good to know it can still be used to fix provisioning errors.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b
WOW.

First off, I have updated my phone to 3.16. This thing is rockin and rollin. GPS with Google Maps confirmed. My 1000+ emails from work downloaded faster than usual(took about 20 mins, normally about an hour with attachments). Same for the HTC Home customizer appearances. No speed test, but Rev. A must be in effect.

I have loaded all my usual apps, and it still seems responsive; but that is just about always the case after a hard reset. I am loving it.

I locked it, used the new loader, and walked away. Worked just fine. This is with Vista SP1 laptop.

Lets get some graphics drivers, hone the bluetooth, and I think we may have an ideal flagship phone for Sprint.

Now to rest my eyes after spending my saturday reading 63 pages on ppcgeeks and 27 pages on xda.

Great job on this beta, HTC/Sprint.

Almost forgot, THANKS KMART!! You are like crack, you ROCK!!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA

beejmeister is becoming a great contributor
Using iNav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
I loaded it on my phone. I ran the re-locker first. It errored the first time, but the update restarted and completed without issue. I let the customizations run.

Now herre's the issues:

I tried to send a text message, message failed.
I started TomTom and tried to get it to recognize a GPS, no luck. I may just be configuring it wrong. I haven't tried google maps yet, that may work.

The biggest problem, I tried to call my voicemail, I receive a message that my phone is not activated and to hang up and call *2. Unfortunately I only have my cell phone now and Sprint wants to troubleshoot and I can't call from nothing. Funny thing, after I hung up and called *2, it updated my PRL list and reset the phone. I tried to make a call again, same message, not activated.

I tried the Sprint Navigation, I loaded it up and it did the IOTA provisioning, entered an address and found some GPS signal, said it was weak thoughm maybe because I was inside.

Please help!!!! Anyone get TomTom, iGuidance, Co-Pilot working w/out the need for an external BT GPS? Thanks.

-Slevin
I'm using iNav with no problems. Auto config found the GPS on Com4 and set it up at 4800. Have seen on here that it should be at 9600 but 4800 seems to be working.

Curious though, anyone know what the performance issues are around these Baud rates? Obviously faster would seem to be better. is this the speed that the GPS system is receiving from the satellites? Or what?
Old 01-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
I've nearly fixed my connecting issues..... now I get an error code 67..... help!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I tested the GPS today in NY with a clear sky. IMO is semi reliable... in Long Island I was able to lock down 5 satellites and as soon I start getting close to JFK air port it drop down to 2 satellites then it lose connection for about 1 minute.

I think I will stick to my Qstarz BT-Q1000 for now. For someone that don't want to expend
$50-$100 on a GPS unit is good but for a picky person like me is not good enough. =)

In other notes Rev.A is working fine.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

treefroggy is a n00b
I need a little help please. What steps should be taken to revert to the original 2.17 ROM as if this ROM were never installed? Do I need to run a relocker first? Can I just flash the original 2.17 ROM? All words of advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC-6800)

Clement312 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Clement312
GPS Not Working On New Rom

I just tried it with Google Maps and it says " Seeking GPS Satellites (0)" and it stays like that.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

coffey_joshua is a n00b
Turn your location from 911 to location on under the phone settings see if that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clement312 View Post
I just tried it with Google Maps and it says " Seeking GPS Satellites (0)" and it stays like that.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
it took almost an hour for my first time before it started finding sats and then another 30minutes to fix....now....finds and fixes quickly. just turn it on and leave it for a while. if its finding 0 sats...its on and working

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development