PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hax0rpunk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Hax0rpunk
Can not get GPS to work with new ROM

So I installed the new ROM today and had no problems at all with the install...but the GPS will not seem to work.
Location services is turned on...and no luck. Both google maps and live search say "Seeking GPS satellite" and nothing happens
Old 01-26-2008, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

heatbball is a n00b
i would like to upgrade but before i do so is there a way to downgrade back to 2.17 if it doesnt work out as well as i hope.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC-6800)

Clement312 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Clement312
its been 1 hour and the GPS on Google Maps is still looking
Old 01-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

a1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
^^ just downgarded to telus's 2.13 .. ran relocker .. and updated with telus 2.13 .. everything back to normal .. except wiped off msd etc.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

scottmail is becoming a great contributor
Now that some people have had it for at least 1 day, how is the battery life compared to 2.17?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
so everyone is downloading this leaked rom? I am very tempted to download this and don't want to wait till March for official.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
You know that may be the only thing I didn't try. Yes I do use Google Maps though. Next time it happens, which will probably be in a few hours I will try prior to soft reseting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
First of all:

I followed all instructions to a tee, no problems installing, no GPS problems, No Bluetooth Problems. Everything worked great.

The only issue I am having is that Internet Explorer stops working. All other online functions seem to continue working, but I can't bring up a webpage. It just keeps saying "Opening....."

The only way to get it to work again is to soft reset. I have had to soft reset 5 times today to get IE back up and running.
Alright, happened again..... You are correct in the fact that Google Maps will not load anything either. Its almost like my data connection gets blocked. The wierd thing is that my exchange server connection through activesync is still connected and receiving email.

Any ideas on what may cause this, or possible solutions to fix this?

Question #2:

Anyone else seeing a severe memory leak. I just soft reset about 2 hours ago to fix the above problem. I am now down to 7M of memory with everything closed and "Hibernate" pushed in Quick Menu. Software installed:

Quick Menu
Voicecommand 1.6
HTC Home
Google Maps
codyppc performance booster
Live Search

Thanks for the help!

Any suggestions out there?
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Lurker

VulnoX is a n00b
Not seeing a major memory leak, phone has been on for about six hours now and is at 19.02MB, which isn't bad considering I have been running five different Nav programs trying out the GPS and a few other things.

Sorry to see you are having the problem with the internet as well, I was thinking of doing a hard reset and dropping the Sprint stuff since the Sprint Nav app was posted.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

JudasD is a n00b
So far i am very happy with this build. The GPS works great in Google and MS live search. BT works. Phone works. Memory is about the same. it feels like Christmas!

JD
Old 01-26-2008, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800

Hellion is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
This rom will wipe your MSID.
False statement somewhat. I have flashed two Mogul's with this ROM and did not have to update anything. When I did check though, MSID and everything else was the same after I initiated the client IOTA internet thing in "phone settings" thing. Just hard reset when it was done with initial cusomizations and that was it. Both phones loaded up fine and found the GPS in about 2-3 minutes when I went out doors. Once the GPS locks on, it moves with you which was pretty sick i say! I was expecting huge delays. Even when I took it out for a drive, it was moving along with us... Sprint needs to hurry up and release the official ROM.

As far as memory leaks.. I have around 19mb's. That's running the Cube App, HTC Home 5 Button plugin, Google Maps, Resco Explorer/Picture. (my wife's phone) Mines (3rd Mogul) is more Ram as I am using dcd's now with GPS Working......
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development